what happened, who is this person?

Options
I recently turned 45 and neglecting my health/weight has finally caught up with me. Sat down with the doctor and saw my weight has gone up steadily since 2008....a lot. When you see it on a graph, it really sinks in. I mean, what happened? who is this person I've become, or actually, probably two people that I have grown into. Turns out I've been enjoying eating way too much these past 5 years. Saw some old videos of my kids when they were little, and realized that I've been big for a really long time. So, saw a dietician and she gave me some info and this site to check out. Hopefully, today will be the first day of my new lifestyle.

Replies

• dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43. That weight will really just sneak up, and one day....wow! Yeah....I reached that point a month or so back. Now it is time to shed my layer of fluff! Feel free to add me.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There are loads of success stories here. Yours can be one of them. :flowerforyou:
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I can surely relate. As time goes by (especially being a wife and mother) I think that we put ourselves on hold trying to care for everything else. There comes a point where we realize that we need our own attention too. Welcome to mfp. I'll send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • SandiM007
    SandiM007 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good for you! Once you get started, it really gets almost addictive. I also recommend getting a FitBit--it tracks everything and is soo fun. Fun groups too.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP! A friend request has been sent.
    You can reach your goals. We have to fight for our happiness because everyone deserves to feel and be happy.
    I am Yvette. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.