Friends and support highly appreciated!

Options
jojo86xdd
jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
Been on this weight loss journey for about a year and a half. Halfway there! Would love to talk/get to know some of you as well as your experiences with your personal weight loss and MFP.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you! :)))

Replies

• rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This isn't my first attempt at losing weight. I've always hit the plateou (sp?) and given up, or just quit when it got hard. Sometimes I just made so many excuses I gave up. But recent pics of me show just how AWFUL I look. I weigh about 10LBS more now than the day I went into labor. Between the scales and the pics I decided this time I had to get serious! Oh, and the fact I was out of breath after running with my 3 year old around the yard. But truthfully it was the pics. I was like "do I really look THAT bad? Why woudl noone tell me?"
    I have been back on MFP for about two weeks now. This time I set a smaller goal for myself (20 lbs). Figured if I stuck with a smaller goal I woudl be more apt to keep it and not give up then when I make a big goal. After I lose the 20 I will set the next goal..perhaps a lil bigger. I use this site to log my food each day and help me with my calorie counting. I do exercise daily..either cardio, strength, or a combo. I'm hoping to find the willpower and motivation to stay with it this time and not give up.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    This isn't my first attempt at losing weight. I've always hit the plateou (sp?) and given up, or just quit when it got hard. Sometimes I just made so many excuses I gave up. But recent pics of me show just how AWFUL I look. I weigh about 10LBS more now than the day I went into labor. Between the scales and the pics I decided this time I had to get serious! Oh, and the fact I was out of breath after running with my 3 year old around the yard. But truthfully it was the pics. I was like "do I really look THAT bad? Why woudl noone tell me?"
    I have been back on MFP for about two weeks now. This time I set a smaller goal for myself (20 lbs). Figured if I stuck with a smaller goal I woudl be more apt to keep it and not give up then when I make a big goal. After I lose the 20 I will set the next goal..perhaps a lil bigger. I use this site to log my food each day and help me with my calorie counting. I do exercise daily..either cardio, strength, or a combo. I'm hoping to find the willpower and motivation to stay with it this time and not give up.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like!

I definately understand where you are coming from in relation to the pics. I was looking at old pics yesterday and i found this
    old one and compared it to a recent one...
    20h838k.jpg

i seriously thought to myself" wow, did i look that bad?"

but it's great that you are starting somewhere. i feel small, attainable and realistic goals are what have made the difference for me this time around...that, and A LOT of exercize lol

i will most definately be adding you :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is far from my first attempt to lose weight but I am optimistic about this system. I've been here just under two weeks, and have been overwhelmed by the support here.
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    Welcome. This is far from my first attempt to lose weight but I am optimistic about this system. I've been here just under two weeks, and have been overwhelmed by the support here.

same here. I've lost 50+ pounds on my own over the past year and a half, but the support and inspiration on here is so motivating. it's almost like and extra push (more like shove lol) in the right direction. I've only been logging in for about 3 weeks and it's already part of my daily routine.

I know we have the power to make this our last and final attempt at weight loss, for the long run :)
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on your loss so far.
    A friend request has been sent.
    You sound very determined and like you have made that mental mind switch click to make this a lifestyle.
    You can reach your goals.
    I am Yvette. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • Serenitykay
    Options
    I too am new Congrats on your current success I am back ( on this journey) after loosing over 100 lbs about two yrs ago almost put it all back on. Not beating up on myself just being honest, kinda sad but I have that small spark coming back an with others such as your self for motivation I feel better about tring again.
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on your loss so far.
    A friend request has been sent.
    You sound very determined and like you have made that mental mind switch click to make this a lifestyle.
    You can reach your goals.
    I am Yvette. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.

Hear hear to that!
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    I too am new Congrats on your current success I am back ( on this journey) after loosing over 100 lbs about two yrs ago almost put it all back on. Not beating up on myself just being honest, kinda sad but I have that small spark coming back an with others such as your self for motivation I feel better about tring again.

As long as there is a spark you have something to start with. We all have set backs, but a set back does not a failure make. The key is to not quit. Even if you ate the entire cake or gained the weight back, forgive yourself, don't beat yourself up about it, but just don't quit.

This has been the best personal philosophy for me, particularly on days im feeling unmotivated.
  • Ioskies
    Ioskies Posts: 4
    Options
    I'd love to help support you on your journey! Congratulations on your progress so far!
  • dreamboat_annie
    dreamboat_annie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A
  • stefisdeadgood
    stefisdeadgood Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. :-)

You've done really well. :-) I started out at about the same weight as you have, five years ago and I've been working on getting my weight down on and off since. I hope we can help keep each other on track. :-)
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    I'd love to help support you on your journey! Congratulations on your progress so far!

Thank you so much!
  • jojo86xdd
    Options
    Friend request sent. :-)

You've done really well. :-) I started out at about the same weight as you have, five years ago and I've been working on getting my weight down on and off since. I hope we can help keep each other on track. :-)

Friend request accepted! And i see you've progressed a lot as well. Let's help each other continue in the right direction :)
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    here for support. welcome to MFp.. req sent