Supplements?

What are the best supps to help me build muscle without gaining fat? I'm scared of using some sort of mass gainer because I don't want to gain fat. Help!?

Replies

• Wooly_I_am
    Wooly_I_am Posts: 109
    Technically speaking you don't need any supps, as long as you are have the correct amount of calories. Work out what your TDEE is, there is good calculators at IIFYM.com then stay around 10-20% above that to gain size with minimum fat gain. That's what I'm doing at the moment. Also make sure your macros are correct. Usually 1g of protein per lb of body weight, .4g of fat per lb of body weight and the rest can be made up from carbs or whatever. That site also works this our for you.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    BCAAs have been proven to do both when added to the proper diet.
  • Thanks guys will check that out !!
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    BCAAs have been proven to do both when added to the proper diet.

No they haven't
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Unless you are doing a recomp (which is very slow going), are new/returning to lifting or obese, you will not be able to gain muscle without gaining some fat, and even then it is finite.

Eat at maintenance for recomp, at a slight surplus for a bulk cycle, get enough protein (1g/lb/lbm as a minimum) and make sure you have a good progressive loading strength training routine.

You do not need supplements to do this and most are a waste of time. The only really effective one is creatine which has nothing to do with fat loss but helps gym performance.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Proper diet and training has been proven to do both.
    Fixed it for you.
  • There are various foods for the muscle building that can be of great importance for you & Nutrition is imperative to muscle growth and fitness.