what is a good beginners workout regimine

Options
l have already started walking/running in the mornings but looking for something else to try for working out, primarily looking into some workout DVDs, but want something that will challenge me but that ill be able to keep up with.
now to begin, I am 25 but have not done anything athletic since highschool, and I feel dead after running a quarter mile, so not in the best of shape, what do you have for me.

Replies

• newbie91
    newbie91 Posts: 5
    Options
    For workout DVDs checkout P90 (not P90X) it's for beginners. I did it when I was starting out and it's great, when you've done that you can then move on to P90X or insanity or one of those more advance type workout courses.
  • skymel14
    skymel14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hello!

I just had shoulder surgery and have been asking my friends this same question for when I am able to work out again. It seems like the number one thing I continue to hear is incline walking on a treadmill, and for DVDs it's either Jillian Michaels Body Revolution or anything by Beach Body (Brazilian Butt Lift, etc).

Let me know what you end up getting!

Cheers!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Start with nerdfitness.com and jefit.com. They are two good resources for beginner lifters. There is a really good beginners body weight circuit on nerdfitness that you can do at home with no equipment that will give you a powerful workout. Jefit has a lot of premade routines broken down by body part worked and by expertise level. They have a lot of good routines for beginners. PLus, there's an app for your phone that allows you to download your workouts to your phone and store your routines, sets, weights and reps for each workout so you don't have to remember every time you come back.
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    thanks, because I meant to mention I wanted something with no equipment necessary