Housemate and I have same PT - she gossips about me to him

Options
So when I moved to be closer to my bf I joined the gym he was at.

Last week joined in with his PT sessions and he has the same PT the girl I live with has.

They both seem to love him and Im just starting to warm to him but appears the girl I live with has been talking away about me and things I do. I had for a bit took up baking as never done it before but more to bring into work and to call in with family with something homemade. Yet this has been brought up in my face now and comments like are you sure that's the whole truth.

I am so angry that firstly this girl seems to enjoy gossiping about me and also the PT who is professional is furthering these comments at me later. I don't talk about her - or what she gets up to and does which is way worse - in fact i DONT talk about her AT ALL.

Im venting this out here as can't start a row but I feel like I can't trust this girl any longer and as someone who already insecure knowing she talks about me is hurtful and really undermines me.

Says more about her going in and yapping away whereas I say nothing but as he knows her longer I feel like he already judging me and with rose tinted glasses.

Do I make it clear to him I know what's going on and give me a chance? I just get feeling he not as warm with me that he is with my bf and I spent all last night session worrying and trying to prove a point im a hard worker.

It was scary enough starting with a PT but now having this just makes me feel like utter rubbish.

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Whatever happen to just lifting weights? Your "PT" talks too damn much.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.

If you work hard, you won't have to prove anything.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I'm a little confused, so please don't take offense, but...you took up baking and then your housemate told your PT that you were and he didn't believe you were baking? What else is she yapping away about? If it was just the baking comment...then I don't see what the big deal is, so I must be missing something important.
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    so they're saying you're eating the baked goods? if it were me i'd say something to the effect of i'll eat what i damn well please as long as i burn it off, not that i am eating them, i'm just finding a hobby i enjoy so stfu
  • ppdes
    ppdes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Really - ignore it.
    If you dont really trust her, be quite formal with her.

But maybe she made that remark in the passing - like - my roomie baked something for her colleagues and its smell kicked my sweet cravings or something like that.... :-)
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The baking was just one of the things she tells him. Like how I ate big portions but until March this year I was on SWorld which i lost over 5 stone but since doing the gym the 2 clashed and I couldn't really do them both and I knew that I would have to cut down carbs and the amount I ate on sworld. So he tells me he heard I ate big portions and to cut down (which i have done drastically since March)

I don't eat what I bake (except one to try before giving it to someone as I am new to it) but I worked out the cals for every recipe and portion so always considered the one into my cals that day.

Its the fact that if i am every to have anything it will be reported to him.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    Really - ignore it.
    If you dont really trust her, be quite formal with her.

But maybe she made that remark in the passing - like - my roomie baked something for her colleagues and its smell kicked my sweet cravings or something like that.... :-)

hopefully. Thiing is i always offer but she says no which i respect - i don't push people into eating bad stuff cuz I know what its like - but see tin with few missing next day when bringing into work.........

Just feeling doing this has been big step for me and instantly something alrady arising as a prob.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Can you switch to a differnt PT? I have found really great PT's for me that others can't stand and ones others swear by that I just don't get along with.
  • el_pintor
    el_pintor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Change your PT. They are professionally obligated to help you reach your fitness goals, not gossip. I think it says more about your PT than your roommate that he lets it affect the way he treats a paying customer.

I would not pay $100 an hour (or however much he charges) to be made to feel guilty and shameful. I can get that from my mother for free.

Remember, your relationship with him is client/service provider. He is not providing this service adequately. Get another PT.

If you're worried about what your boyfriend/roommate/roommate's hamster might think about you for not using their favourite trainer, then the problem lies with you, not your PT. Don't worry so much about getting people to like you. Focus on your fitness goals.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't your PT, it's your flatmate.

She's telling random third parties about things that happen in your home. You need to set her down and establish some boundaries.

If she can't accept the boundaries.....

Just Break Up!
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Have you tried talking to your housemate about it, for starters? Some people just say stuff without really thinking about whether or not it's important. I know at my gym, I'll hear PTs and their clients yapping away next to me about random things like that. Try letting your housemate know that you don't want your business being shared with other people.

I understand where you're coming from, though. If I had a PT, I would be annoyed is he/she accused me of "not telling the whole story" over a matter that I didn't even share with them. :noway:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Do you think they were taking the mick because you were home baking and trying to make you feel you were doing something underhand and unhealthy because sorry if they were thats ignorance,you know what you put in your food!you dont have to prove anything to them! Thing is to me she is trying to get really in with him by making you look bad!its playground stuff,I think Idbe looking for a new room mate,you dont need people like that in your life,and he is being very unprofessional!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    Have you tried talking to your housemate about it, for starters? Some people just say stuff without really thinking about whether or not it's important. I know at my gym, I'll hear PTs and their clients yapping away next to me about random things like that. Try letting your housemate know that you don't want your business being shared with other people.

I understand where you're coming from, though. If I had a PT, I would be annoyed is he/she accused me of "not telling the whole story" over a matter that I didn't even share with them. :noway:

Thanks :) was just needing to let it out somewhere - she is landlord of place so just don't want to start a row. I just needed to let rip and in office on own at work.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I would switch personal trainers or get your BF to have a quiet word with him. You BF should support you and tell the PT to be professional.

Maybe your flatmate doesn't like sharing the P.T.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i would consider trying out another PT :)

Sometimes you just dont gel with a person and i think this has less todo with what your roomie said (who knows he could have asked her).

find someone who INSPIRES you rather than making you feel guilty. i would sock this guy in the balls if he countinued like this!
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    i would consider trying out another PT :)

Sometimes you just dont gel with a person and i think this has less todo with what your roomie said (who knows he could have asked her).

find someone who INSPIRES you rather than making you feel guilty. i would sock this guy in the balls if he countinued like this!

ball socking is never the answer damn it!