Can't get motivated....

Options
Every morning I wake up with the confidence that today I am going to eat well and be healthy. Any time after 3pm it all goes down hill. Can someone motivate me to help me keep on track, give me suggestions on how to control my bad habits. We are heading to the beach in August and I want to feel good and enjoy being on the beach with my kids and hubby - Please motivate me :-) Looking forward to your advice!

Replies

• Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • b4u386
    b4u386 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When you feel the urge to eat, log on and look at the success stories forum. Some very inspirational people there... always works for me.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. Instead of the standard 3 meal day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner), a small meal in between them may help you fill fuller longer. Still watch your calories so that it fits in. For me its usually extra dark chocolate, fruit or yogurt. When I would eat just 2 or 3 meals a day I would be so hungry in between that I would just eat and snack on whatever I could find because I couldn't wait till the meal.

Of course everyone's different so find a balance to continuously feed yourself low caloric, filling foods that you like but won't ruin your next meal. Sorry I'm new to the whole losing weight thing, for only a month now, so I'm not very good at professional sounding advice, but its worked for me. :)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Why does it go downhill after 3pm? Are you hungry, are you bored, are there too many easy snacks around? Find the reason why it goes wrong at that time and fix the reason. No one can motivate you but you ;)
  • nationallazer
    Options
    when I feel hungry around 3:00pm I have about 6-12 almonds raw and a big glass of water that may help and its under a 100 calories for 12
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Every morning I wake up with the confidence that today I am going to eat well and be healthy. Any time after 3pm it all goes down hill. Can someone motivate me to help me keep on track, give me suggestions on how to control my bad habits. We are heading to the beach in August and I want to feel good and enjoy being on the beach with my kids and hubby - Please motivate me :-) Looking forward to your advice!

what happens at 3pm? is it because you're hungry? if so, i would suggest rearranging your cals to add an afternoon snack.

at the end of the day though, only you can exercise your willpower enough and motivate yourself!
  • ntbfit
    ntbfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I agree when I keep myself full I am not tempted. It is just so freaken hard to stop and make that time, but I will make the effort. Congrats on the 20lb lost!
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    EVERY DAY AT 3PM PUT ON YOUR BATHING SUIT AND LOOK IN THE MIRROR. this is what i do. if i feel the urge to sabatoge my hard work and destruct then i IMMEDIATELY GO SHOPPING AND TRY ON THINGS THAT I DON'T HAVE THE BALLS TO WEAR YET. :) i'd rather buy a skirt than cookies. i keep telling myself this.
  • ntbfit
    ntbfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am so new to this blog thing and I am seeing the benefit. I forgot I even asked the question, but today I remembered and am so happy to receive the advice and it motivates me that there are people out there to help...THANK YOU to all. I am having a good day today :-)
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I treat MFP and counting calories like a game. If I can stay under and do what I should for the day, I win. It works most of the time for me that way.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Why don't you work out in the morning? Make 5 0r 6 small meals instead of having 3 large meals. You should log everything so you can see what is going into your body and you can decide if it fits or not.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are trying to do too much at once. Instead of saying you can't have this or you can't have that or greatly restricting your diet you should make little changes slowly and then build from there.

For instance, make the goal to eat more veggies. Do that for a week, then add another goal after that and so on.

Instead of focusing on the big picture, reel it in and make smaller changes and goals.