always hungry

Options
jezamon
jezamon Posts: 29 Member
I eat a meal, and half an hour to an hour later, I feel hungry again. This happens all the time. I've been told I need to eat more proteins... but there's only so many times a week you can have a tuna or egg salad for lunch and chicken or salmon with veg for dinner :/
I've just had a salad with quiche and ham for lunch, literally finished it half an hour ago and now I feel really hungry! Craving something sweet too. I've just had half a glass of sugar free squash which has helped a bit. But I still feel hungry.

Suggestions for foods and meals that are high in protein please?

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Egg in oatmeal for breakfast has me full for a long time.

Breaded chicken or fish using crushed fiber bits (forgot the brand name) with a big portion of veges

eat fruit after your meal to curve your sweet tooth

Drink tea with your meals, warm water takes longer to digest so your body takes longer to get hungry again.

also I noticed I would get hungry a lot when I first started cutting back and eating clean...I think my body was revolting that I was eating broccoli instead of chips
  • ImtheOnethatsCool
    ImtheOnethatsCool Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    warm water takes longer to digest

lolwut?

OP - make sure you're also getting enough healthy fats, as they also help keep you feeling full longer.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not exactly what you asked for, but diet soda with lots of carbonation helps me.
  • jezamon
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

Any other suggestions? :)
  • GeraldWoodard
    Options
    When people are hungry they should eat food otherwise it may affect their body health system. Feeling hungry is good as it represents how active their metabolism
  • Livdoesketo
    Livdoesketo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm on a high fat, mod protein, low carb diet (keto more specificially) because it's the only diet that stopped me being starving all the time! That being said, if I do get hungry and I'm close to my goals I tend to drink a bottle of water, if I'm still hungry I'll have a cup of hot water with a stock cube dissolved in it which normally does the trick!
  • danelledawnc
    danelledawnc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I eat a meal, and half an hour to an hour later, I feel hungry again. This happens all the time. I've been told I need to eat more proteins... but there's only so many times a week you can have a tuna or egg salad for lunch and chicken or salmon with veg for dinner :/
    I've just had a salad with quiche and ham for lunch, literally finished it half an hour ago and now I feel really hungry! Craving something sweet too. I've just had half a glass of sugar free squash which has helped a bit. But I still feel hungry.

Suggestions for foods and meals that are high in protein please?

Do you have problems with yeast/infections? Yeast send the body signals to eat, so they can get the food they want to grow their colonies; they want breads, sugar, etc., especially refined foods. No issues with yeast? Can't help you. If so, check this site out http://www.thecandidadiet.com/cleansing.htm
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    How do you not know what foods are high in proteins? Meats are a start. Google is another...
  • jezamon
    Options
    How do you not know what foods are high in proteins? Meats are a start. Google is another...

Thanks for that helpful reply!
  • jezamon
    Options
    Do you have problems with yeast/infections? Yeast send the body signals to eat, so they can get the food they want to grow their colonies; they want breads, sugar, etc., especially refined foods. No issues with yeast? Can't help you. If so, check this site out http://www.thecandidadiet.com/cleansing.htm

Nope not at all :/ Thanks anyway :)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    How many total calories are you eating a day? How much fat and fibre are you getting?

If you are hungry, eat... but make sure it's real hunger and it's not just you are thirsty or you are bored/craving something.
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil, lard/tallow/schmaltz, etc) Not canola oil, vegetable oils, etc... See if this helps.

Forgot avocados... those are great too.
  • jezamon
    Options
    How many total calories are you eating a day? How much fat and fibre are you getting?

If you are hungry, eat... but make sure it's real hunger and it's not just you are thirsty or you are bored/craving something.

1200 calories at the moment, which I can usually stick to. Probably not eating quite enough fats to be honest. Fibre, I'm not sure on but again, probably not enough. Will look into that, thanks.
  • jezamon
    Options
    Try increasing your healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, macadamia nut oil, lard/tallow/schmaltz, etc) Not canola oil, vegetable oils, etc... See if this helps.

Forgot avocados... those are great too.

Possibly a silly question, but how would I go about doing that? :/

I've never tried avocados, but if their texture is anything like most other fruits than I doubt I'll like it, lol
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Drink, drink, drink . . . as much water as you can.

I was also always hungry, because I almost NEVER sit still and probably burn way more calories that I log - I estimate food on the high side, activity on the low side.

I didn't achieve my goal weight until I ADDED 300 "optional" calories to my daily net. Then I wasn't hungry. Then I didn't binge.

Nut are great, quick, easy, high in fat and protein so they stick.

I hope that helps. I wish you every success and accept all friend requests.
  • hurley89
    hurley89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find soup quite good for hunger - possibly because I am a bit of a numpty and find it harder to eat using a spoon so it takes me longer to eat. And usually its mainly made of veg and water so can eat quite a lot relatively compared to other food so it fills me up.

Drinking enough water is really useful as well.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Eat 200 - 300 more calories.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Eat 200 - 300 more calories.

I'm leaning towards this ^ Check out this link to get a better idea at where you should be at.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/952996-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy

For more information about fitness and nutrition, I highly suggest checking out and joining this group: Read all the stickies.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight?

1200 calories might not be enough. Go with what the posters above me say and eat 200-300 more calories a day. In protein.

Chicken, fish, fat free yogurt, protein powder, extra lean ground beef, lamb, tofu, turkey, ham, lean pork loin chops, canned salmon, pork tenderloin, top sirloin steak, cod, tilapia, shrimp, lobster, etc., etc. You don't have to stick to just a couple different kinds of boring proteins.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    This is probably the one thing that has made the most difference for me.
    At least twice a week I cook 5 pounds of chicken breasts at a time and leave them in the fridge.

Want to feel full for not too many calories, eat 8-16 oz. of chicken breast.

I often grab one and eat it like a candy bar or a sandwich. no plate, no mess, no need to risk a bad choice.