Amazing what just 11lbs. can do - even at 6'4''

Options
jay11284
jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
I've been counting calories with MFP for a long time. Recently I started to pay more attention to my macros. Increased protein, less sugar, and more better fats. I have also gotten into the habit of hitting the gym on my lunch break 4 times a week. I do a 5 minute warm up, about 40 minutes of weight lifting (mostly free weights) and 10 minutes of stretching before heading back to the office.

My next step is putting on a little more muscle, I know I have to eat a calorie surplus to do so (along w more protein). But I'm hesitant to start eating more calories bc I'm afraid I'll gain it back in my midsection right before summer. Thoughts?

s5bviVp.jpg
FLR0kJ7.jpg

Replies

• wins1219
    wins1219 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Looking great! Keep up the good work! I'm probably not the best person to give advice since I'm fairly new to the workout world, but here's a link that may interest you and answer some of those questions you need answered. Have a great day!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • aTallLiam
    aTallLiam Posts: 75
    Options
    I know what you mean.

I'm 6ft3 and the difference 15lbs made was unbelievable. When I started dieting I really underestimated the impact losing the first 50lbs would be like.
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm not the one to be giving advice on adding muscle, but I understand your fear. I'm sure someone will pop up here and give you some good food for thought. Congrats on your progress, though. 11lbs makes a definite difference. You look great. Keep the faith and keep working, you've done great!
  • pseepferdchen
    pseepferdchen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    leangains.com a blog from Martin Berkhan tells you all about building up muscle without putting on fat. Works brilliant for me. Good effort so far!
  • jay11284
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words of advice. It's a huge inspiration to me.

Also, I will check out leangains and see if that's something I want to follow!
  • jay11284
    Options
    I weighed in at around 225 when I was finished up college years ago. I never looked "fat" in clothes, but I couldn't even imagine how my body looked compared to how it looks now. It takes a lot of work, but so far the work has been worth it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!