Me and Mrs Dash, we have a thing going on (boo-dupe, boo-dup

Options
LainMac
LainMac Posts: 412 Member
Hi All,

Something that makes "clean living" easier for me is Mrs. Dash - the Garlic version. I fry my eggs with it. Mrs Dash makes veggies and lean meats taste so good without evil SODUIM.

So what is your can't live without condiment? What spices up your life?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Cayenne pepper! I love me some heat!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning -- love it on the chicken that I saute and put in my salad!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Hi All,

Something that makes "clean living" easier for me is Mrs. Dash - the Garlic version. I fry my eggs with it. Mrs Dash makes veggies and lean meats taste so good without evil SODUIM.

So what is your can't live without condiment? What spices up your life?

Seriously, you and I are the same!!! I have a big girly crush on Mrs. Dash. I also love dill weed. I sprinkle it on everything. I love to put dill on cottage cheese or potatoes. Yum yum.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Mine is red pepper flakes--just a little helps liven up just about anything. (Oh, or cinnamon... I *love* cinnamon.)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I like Mrs. Dash as well. I love to really season my food, so I could not live without several spices and herbs! I do love to add cayenne pepper to most things for a little "kick"! I also add minced garlic to pretty much everything-oh and fresh ground black pepper! I'm currently growning cilantro, basil, thyme and oregano.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love All Natural Frog Ranch Salsa. Its great on everything and very tasty. YUMMMM
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Cumin. Garlic. Fresh cilantro. Garlic. Curry powder. Garlic. Green onions or fresh chives. Garlic.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Cumin. Garlic. Fresh cilantro. Garlic. Curry powder. Garlic. Green onions or fresh chives. Garlic.

I love, love, love garlic! And cumin, and fresh cilantro, and curry powder, and fresh chives. Oh yeah, and did I say GARLIC??? :bigsmile:
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash's Fiesta Lime! YUM!! It's sooooooooo good added on top of salads, salsa, veggies... Anything! haha
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    garlic pepper goes on everything in my house!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Ok, new to Mrs. Dash, never met the woman! More ideas on which ones are loved best and what to use them on? The fiesta lime that was mentioned, would that be good on fish?

Come on friends, spill it:wink:

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Ok, new to Mrs. Dash, never met the woman! More ideas on which ones are loved best and what to use them on? The fiesta lime that was mentioned, would that be good on fish?

I haven't tried it on fish because I love lemon pepper on that. I'm sure it would be great if you love Mexican dishes. I know it's great on chicken. I love Mexican foods and I love fish...but, I've yet to combine the two. I know others rave about fish tacos and such, but the thought just makes me go ewww! lol
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    penzey's spice fox point.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysfoxpoint.html

love, love, love.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    As for flavors of Mrs Dash, there seems to be over a dozen but I've only tried three of them.

Mrs Dash Garlic and Herb === LUFF IT!

Mrs Dash Original ==== Pretty Good.

Mrs Dash Spicy === Very Spicy, use with caution.
  • antiadipose
    Options

I haven't tried it on fish because I love lemon pepper on that. I'm sure it would be great if you love Mexican dishes. I know it's great on chicken. I love Mexican foods and I love fish...but, I've yet to combine the two. I know others rave about fish tacos and such, but the thought just makes me go ewww! lol

i have!!!!! i have the garlic herb one and its amazing on fish!!!!!!!!

i put Mrs.Dash on EVERYTHING.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Yea, I get the ewwwww factor thinking on fish tacos as well. Hard for me to wrap my head around it but everyone raves about them, I dunno. Well I do use lemon pepper on chicken and alot of other things but it's got salt in it, which isn't a huge deal as my sodium is always pretty low. But just thought I'd check in for something new.

Thanks for the input and glad to know I'm not alone in this fish taco business:sick: :wink::laugh:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

i have!!!!! i have the garlic herb one and its amazing on fish!!!!!!!!

i put Mrs.Dash on EVERYTHING.
    Oh good to know! Thanks Olivia:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    I love Cajun Injector brand seasoned salt called Cajun Shake. I use it on everything. It doesn't take much, just a shake. It's great on fish, chicken, steak, and I LOVE it on homemade sweet potato fries. I cut up sweet potatoes into strips, spray with olive oil lightly, sprinkle on Cajun Shake lightly and bake. Very good. Yes, it's salt but I'm very careful with it and a little goes a long way. It's fabulous.
  • hawaiibound
    Options
    Mrs Dash tomato basil! one word.......AMAZING! we had it last night on grilled chicken....oh my word....so good....I grilled up an extra chicken breast to use this week as a salad topping....it was so super yummy!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Yea, I get the ewwwww factor thinking on fish tacos as well. Hard for me to wrap my head around it but everyone raves about them, I dunno. Well I do use lemon pepper on chicken and alot of other things but it's got salt in it, which isn't a huge deal as my sodium is always pretty low. But just thought I'd check in for something new.

Thanks for the input and glad to know I'm not alone in this fish taco business:sick: :wink::laugh:

I grew up in san antonio, tx (aka: little mexico) and I thought fish tacos sounded DISGUSTING!

BUT they are delicious and you can easily make them a very healthy meal. I actually use shrimp instead of fish, fresh cilantro, purple cabbage, and your favorite salsa on corn tortillas.....OMG, I can't get enough of them. I know it sounds nasty but trust me you should try them before you discount them completely because they are awesome!