Decline of the British health food store

Options
sq22
sq22 Posts: 8 Member
Entered a well known health food shop yesterday. They have branches on almost every high street. As well as shelves for confectionery, they've recently installed a pick&mix jelly bean type dispenser. It takes up half a wall and has something like 'healthy or 'natural' in large letters above. Also, none of the staff look as if they practice what they preach (merely an observation).

I also find it strange that entire walls are given over to large barrels of 'muscle' solution. Which brings me to a scenario played over and over in my head: what if you're a weedy beanpole who desperately wants to purchase said barrel, but are too weak to physically carry it home?

Think I'll stick to the fresh food markets, with the occasional visit to independent health food shops.

Good luck to all here. The success stories are amazing, with so much dedication shown. I'm also aware of the fact that some are already in fair starting shape, while others are working towards a complete lifestyle change. My needs are different... if I look like crap, I don't work :-(

Replies

• bonelessskinless
    Options
    i could listen to you type all day
  • sq22
    sq22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bonelessskinl: Ha, ha... don't know if that's carefully constructed sarcasm, or a deep appreciation of my hunt & peck typing :-)
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Wholefoods > H&B.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I tend to not find what I'm looking for at health food shops because they do seem to be taken over now by supplements and muscle builders. Most of the time, the other foods can be found at my local grocery store, so there's no point in taking two trips - they're both local businesses. o: