Six weeks after having baby

Options
Looking forward in giving and receiving motivation from others particulary mothers trying to take off pounds like myself whom have put on during pregnancy. I just started today will add pf and pictures soon. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old and an almost 3yr old, added you!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for your baby.

There are several MFP groups for Moms.

You can find them in the blue banner. "Groups" option. Search for Mom.

Here is one link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12030-post-baby-reconstruction

I wish you well in your journey
  • MRSMama3
    MRSMama3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thankyou Jonna
  • MRSMama3
    MRSMama3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ty socio.
  • ang523
    ang523 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby. As a mom of 2, the best advise I can give you is to cut yourself a break! It's going to take some time for your body to get back in the swing of things so make small changes and stick with it. You'll get there. I eventually lost 50 pounds after my second but it really took some time. Enjoy your new little one and all the best to you!
  • bjdeegee
    bjdeegee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ahhh... YES! Those pregnancy pounds. I know them too well. I have a 2.5 year old, a 1.5 year old and a 3 month old (ALL BOYS!). I was about 135 lbs before getting pregnant with my first and at my heaviest pregnancy weight I made it to 202 lbs! As of today, I'm 160 (Since this last birth I've lost over 30 lbs). IT IS ALL WORTH IT when you look at that precious baby, but it's not easy for a lot of us to get back into shape! I commend you for being on MFP and being motivated to lose so quickly!!!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Our newest addition is 13 weeks old. You are welcome to add me if you would like. I workout 6 days a week track my food and nurse him.
  • oliviabog
    oliviabog Posts: 101
    Options
    I have two, my youngest is 17 months. I'm a way through my journey but it would be great to support others going through it :)
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We started a family tradition, during the Christmas break from school my husband and I bring our kids to great wolf lodge every year. This past November I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (my second child). Left me 7 weeks to get back in a bathing suit and recover, the things you do for your kids. Was 145 when i got pregnant and From healthy eating I managed to get back to 155 by the trip. Definitely didn't feel very confident but my kids made it worth it. Got back into my turbo jam DVDs and found chalean extreme (currently week 3 burn phase) and my fitnness pal and am down to 131 and starting to tone up just in time for summer. Don't feel guilty about the time you set aside for yourself to get back in shape. Nobody deserves it more than a mom! Congrats and good luck on your journey :)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new little one! Take your time and be patient with the weight loss. Track the food and go for a walk with your baby, but don't do more till you are ready. Some births are quick recoveries and some take awhile to just feel human again. It is always difficult for me to lose the baby weight, but I just keep at it. I have 7 children, my youngest (twin boys) are 16 months and I am 7 pounds under my wedding weight. It takes time but it can be done. :)
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am losing my baby weight as well. I had my daughter March 14!
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My wife had her first baby on Christmas Eve 2012 (she's just over 5 months old). As of this mornin I believe she's 4 pounds below her pre-pregnancy weight. She's been trying hard. It can be done, and you can do it too. She's not really on MFP (she is but never uses it) so I'm afraid I can't add to your friends list, but good luck. You'll get there.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I started out at 115 before getting pregnant with my twins. I found myself stuck at 160 until I had my youngest.
    I was 190 pounds when I started MFP. he was 3 months old. Now I'm down to my origional pre-preg weight.

The only thing I did the first few months was breastfeed and walk. If I did too much, it hurt the milk supply. I just got a gym pass and started Zumba... and a c25k program.

Good luck on your journey. You can do this!