34, 100+ to lose, looking for MFP friends!

Options
Hello! I am new to MFP. My name is Andrea. I'm 34 and have 2 sweet kiddos, a husband of 14 years, a day job and a small business. Life is busy, but I'm done using that as an excuse eating for junk and letting myself go. I've been overweight since high school but it really got out of hand after my kids were born. After my first I was stuck around 260 and after my 2nd I was up to the 270s. A little over a month ago I was at my highest weight ever, 286.

I've been here and tracking here faithfully for a little over a month and I'm finally seeing the scale move in the right direction. I thought I was fine doing this myself at first, but I'm realizing that some days it gets tougher to stick to it and every bit of encouragement helps. If you're in a similar situation, feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to get to know some of you so we can encourage each other on this journey!!

Replies

• carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are doing great - have sent a friend request
  • bookishtype
    bookishtype Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Carolyn - you are also a vegetarian! Yay!
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP a few days ago and I must say that everything I experienced here has been wonderful! I have gained nothing but support and positive vibes from everyone I've encountered!

About Me: I'm 28, lost 33 lbs, need to lose 50 more...I also have a boyfriend of 10+ yrs that I love dearly & he lost weight in the past so he's been helping me.

With that being said, I feel that I know 'a little bit' about trying to gain a better lifestyle, and I am here for you! However, I still need support myself! I just binged BIG TIME last night and I'm not too proud of myself right now! lol

I'll send you a request...and to anyone else...feel free to send me one. :-)
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    I messaged you! :)
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 going on 30... I would love some new buddies that actually comment, offer support and advice... I'm all for offering friendship, advice and support but would actually like some feedback occasionally ;-) xx I have another 40/50lbs to lose!
  • 44Scarlett
    Options
    Hello I have just joined too, I too have 140+ lbs to shift as it is taking away my life. I will happily be a MFP friend. :)
  • shawnamajor1
    shawnamajor1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have 140+lbs to lose, feel free to add me.
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    I joined in April but just started to track and get on board yesterday! I am excited about the support from new friends here! We can do it! About me: I am 37, 5'3" and 253 when weighed Wednesday. I have a 4 year old son with too much energy and a thin husband (of course). I am doing this for a better me - not for anyone else! Plus, being able to buy clothes not in the plus size section will be a nice bonus!!! I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to our progress updates!
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. I am in the 260s. I started at 283. Sending friend request.
  • MzBaileyz
    MzBaileyz Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I have just joined today and am looking for some mfp friends so we can help each other along the way. I am 56 and have over 100 lb to loose so am in it for the long haul. I need to do this for my own health and so I can do more with my 3 year old Granddaughter Kayley. If you would like to add me please feel free :)

Gill
  • mwersan
    mwersan Posts: 175
    Options
    Friend request sent...
  • MzBaileyz
    MzBaileyz Posts: 5
    Options
    Have sent a friend request hope thats ok ?
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Invite sent, anyone else can add me, too. The motivation here is great.
  • Neshmi
    Neshmi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've got a lot to lose myself and I'm just getting started. I'm routing for you!
  • breezylee75
    breezylee75 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar-friend request sent. :)
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    ADD ME IF YOU WISH!
  • kburrows82
    kburrows82 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do this :) sent you a friend request :)
  • lydian8
    lydian8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'll try and friend request if I can figure it out. I'm new too and have more than 100 to lose.

Lenore
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 39. Starting weight 252. Still have over 100 pounds to lose.
    I try to be as positive as possible.
    Anyone feel free to add me.
  • Acbrochard
    Options
    Hi,

I've started MFP last week and have mostly been a behind the scene observer but I would like to have healthy weight loss buddies as well. I'm still trying to figure out how the community features work but would love to mutually support each other on our weight loss journey.