Insanity Challenge!

Options
Hi,

My names Cassi, and I'm new to MFP. I just wanted to 'introduce myself'. I would also like to ask, if anyone comes across this short message, if anyone has tried the Insanity Challenge? 60 hardcore days of "digging deep". I will be starting it on Monday I believe and was just wanting to hear from anyone who's tried it for tips/ support. The results on YouTube look great, but I've heard not many people have tried it. Oh well, I will give it a go and the results will be on my blog for anyone who's interested... Not a cheeky advertisement but rather, I hate when a diet is not documented - its always good to hear from a daily/ personal perspective so you know all the hype isn't from paid actors or employees or something.

Anyway, thanks for reading and good luck in your endeavors :) x

Replies

• MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My name is Cassandra as well. :)
    Actually many people all over the word hava tryied Insanity.. Today was the 1st day of my second week.. so I've just started. You need to add a diet to it and of course you will see results... Good Luck
  • jabrock9
    jabrock9 Posts: 65
    Options
    I recently completed my first round of Insanity and am currently doing an Insanity/les mills hybrid. friend request me if you'd like. make sure to include a message.
  • filemanager
    filemanager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start on Monday as well!
  • TarPMes
    TarPMes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, On day 26 of insanity today. Feeling good but I hear I am going to need some extra support when it comes to month two. Has anyone gotten there yet? What are you doing to get though it? I bought Beachbody's "EE" formula that they suggest, because it was on sale, and got it yesterday in the mail. I used it this morning before I did pure cardio and cardio abs and it seemed to work gave me a great boost of energy! Has anyone else used it? If you don't know what I am talking about here is the link ... http://bit.ly/15SBQcY
  • sstump48
    sstump48 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am currently in my 2nd month of Insanity and I LOVE IT. Dont get me wrong Insanity is NOT for everyone you have to be motivated to stick with it and there are days where I am cussing at the TV because Shaun T is getting under my skin, but if you can push through the pain and the sweat, the results are definately worth it. I bought it and love what it has done for me so far, my energy level is up, my strength and cardio are both improving and I just feel like a new person. If you decide to persue this Insane journey make sure you get with the support groups on the beachbody page, they really help you and keep you motivated and accountable. Feel free to add me if you like and if you have any questions let me know I will answer if I can. I am by no means an expert, but I have experienced the Insanity first hand. Good Luck
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up on Saturday. Just wanted to wish you guys luck - it's killer!
  • sstump48
    sstump48 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am currently in Month 2 and, YES I would recommand joining a support group on the beachbody message board. I did this right after I started the program and it was the BEST move I made to keep myself accountable and get / give motivation. The coaches on there are wonderful and i would definately recommend this to anyone doing or thinking of doing the INSANITY prgram.

My best advise for you for month 2 is BE READY because it is FAR more amped up than month 1 and the first week of month 2 you will probably NOT be able to keep up, but dont get discouraged. Keep at it and keep digging deeper as Shaun says. Go at your own pace and take lots of breaks in the first week. Then when you get comfortable with the moves try pushing a little more and before you know it you will be keeping right with them and changing your body in no time at all. If you like you can add me I would love to know how you are doing and the support, motivation, and accountability are key to successfully completeing this program. You can do it just keep pushing play.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    This post is awesome!! Im a beachbody coach, so i love hearing about our stuff on here... One really important thing is to be sure you get plugged into a fitness group and be active with each other it really helps with motivation and accountablility... if you dont have a group please let me know (btw its free). Also remember if you are dying in the middle of a workout to start modifying your moves, make it a little less intense and catch your breath then pick it back up. dig deep and keep pushing play!
  • evedavis29
    evedavis29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hey cassie i start on monday too wana be my insanity workout buddy :) ?
  • cassandramclaren
    cassandramclaren Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I didn't know so many people had done/ were currently doing it, I haven't been on the beachbody message boards yet but that's a great idea too, thanks sstump48!

Can I just ask, I have no problem giving up certain foods, but did everyone follow or are planning to follow the full nutrition guide?
    Also, I'm not sure I can eat so much in one day - I calculated my daily calorie intake at 1710 but the 5 meals a day is so much! I understand this might change once I'm on such an intense workout regime but is it okay to skip a meal?
    I am not doing it for weight loss, I just don't eat that much in a day, I'm doing the workout primarily to keep fit (my lifestyle is somewhat sedentary).

Thanks for replying to my post, I will friend you guys for support / advice if that's okay?

Cassi
  • shardidecker
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I didn't know so many people had done/ were currently doing it, I haven't been on the beachbody message boards yet but that's a great idea too, thanks sstump48!

Can I just ask, I have no problem giving up certain foods, but did everyone follow or are planning to follow the full nutrition guide?
    Also, I'm not sure I can eat so much in one day - I calculated my daily calorie intake at 1710 but the 5 meals a day is so much! I understand this might change once I'm on such an intense workout regime but is it okay to skip a meal?
    I am not doing it for weight loss, I just don't eat that much in a day, I'm doing the workout primarily to keep fit (my lifestyle is somewhat sedentary) Thanks for replying to my post, I will friend you guys for support / advice if that's okay?

Cassi

I would assume that the people who created the program understand that you're going to be doing a lot of work and so you will need a lot more calories than that of a sedendary person. My recommendation... split the meals into 10 a day but smaller proportions. Listen to your body, it will tell you what you need. When you get into it you will probably be hungry all the time... then you'll understand why the calories are needed.
  • pdiddy02
    pdiddy02 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was on week 3 of insanity, but I had to take a break due to an emergency and without my dvds, so will restart week 3 on Wednesday, June 12th. Feel free to add me. We can do it together!!!