Nike Fuel Wristband--Anyone have any feedback?

Options
Is this thing worth $150? I love the concept, but I wanna know more!

Replies

• trbilbao
    trbilbao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have the band and have been using it for a few months. I am not sure about the accuracy of the calories/fuel, but it does give me a gauge on my activity for the day and and sense of my need for movement. I don't really need specifics that many runners or elite athletes would like. One of the most motivating features is the fuel gauge. I check this often and make sure I move to make my goal each day - so this feature is a real motivator for me. I also like the fact that I can sync with my computer and get an analysis of my data not only with calories burned, but most active times of day, most calories burned, goals achieved etc.

Is it worth it? I would say for me yes, but do the research on other brands such as Fitbit, jawbone and others. They may have additional features you like

PS my husband has a band too and now we can have a bit of a competition with our goals;)
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll check those other ones out and compare. I love that you can compete with friends/family, or just random people that use it too!

Thanks again!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    This topic has come up a few times, so you may want to try searching and see what you get. I have one and find it very motivational. I think it really pushes me to move. I've had it for 6 months and it has worked flawlessly. (Now I've probably jinxed myself!) There is a community of MFP'ers linked together on the Nike site who share stats. Some of these people must be running marathons daily they get so much activity in, but it's fun to see when I get close!
  • Terk1968
    Terk1968 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBIt One. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it works well. Tracks steps, miles, calories burned and level of stairs climbed. There are 2 other versions of the FItBit. The FitBit Zip $59, the FitBit Flex $99 and the FitBit One for $99. You can join up with friends that have any of the three devices. The FitBit seems to focus more on steps than anything else where I think the Fuel Band converts all activity to fuel points.