30 Day Shred or Insanity

Options
I'm finishing the NHS couch to 5k podcasts this week and, as someone who couldn't run for more than 10 seconds, the fact after 9 weeks I am running for 30 mins 3x a week blows my mind.
I'm off on holiday in a couple of weeks but want to have another plan to concentrate on and to help me shift my 'gut' (I am apple shaped and constantly look pregnant) so wondering which is better - 30 Day Shred or Insanity?
I don't have much upper body strength and still have a good 2 stone to lose before I'm in my healthy weight range. I would want something that tones me up all over, reduces the gut (if that is even possible) but not leave me unable to still go for runs every week.....I'm not doing all that running for nothing :-)

Replies

• blackeraser
    Options
    30 day shred for sure
    I dont like insanity because its hard on the joints because you jump ALOT and jump high.
    So 30 day shred.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Why not do a mixture of both? Insanity is really intense I think you may get better results but I do like how 30 day shred incorporates weights and abs every day. I mixed it up and I think I had good results.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would go with 30DS first, and then Insanity. 30DS is free, try it out for a bit and see how you like it.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Honestly yes 30DS then Insanity with insanity i recommend i corporating yoga into your regimen as it will help your muscles especially your knees. Also focus on learning to land SOFTLY this is why most people hurt themselves , that and inadequate stretching :) with my experience anyways.
  • slmontgomery73
    Options
    I've not heard of 30 Day Shred and I've tried Insanity once. I'm not sure which one would be best, but I've always heard that refined sugar is the cause of belly fat so I would say either one would work with no refined sugar and low carb eating habits.
  • sophiecreton21
    sophiecreton21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Thank you everyone!
    I'm going to start with 30 Day Shred and see how I get on.....if Insanity is so hardcore I think I'll need to build up to it :-)
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It was a little difficult but I got through it and i am so proud of myself. I also took a before picture so i can try to see the difference. They say you dont really lose weight but you lose inches. Try it! Its only like 25-27 minutes and you feel awesome afterwards. Good luck! Jillian Michaels really does motivate you to keep you going. I would love to share before and after pics when you are done. :-)
  • sophiecreton21
    sophiecreton21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done :-)