Hey All, New here...

Options
Hey,
I am on a mission to loose around 50 lbs by the next 8 months. I have always thought that it was impossible and I have to live with all this weight for the rest of my life. But after reading the experiences of lot of people who has already crossed this path, i feel motivated and hope to achieve this target.

Thanks a lot for all of you to share your experience, it is a great motivation for people like me. I also would like to share my experience for the rest of this journey.

Thanks,
CS

Replies

• AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options
    I'm recently new on my journey as well-9 weeks in and 12 pounds down. Feel free to add me! I log daily and off support any chance I can!!
  • susanbrown96
    Options
    In my experience of losing weight if you don't lose the 50 lbs in 8 months don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone is different in how they lose weight. It's taken my a year and half to lose 55 lbs and I've been working very hard it. The important thing is that you have fun while doing it.
  • TheBigDog923
    Options
    You've got this. Take steps everyday toward your goal. Don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day, they happen. Just get back at it the next day. Pace yourself, injuries happen.
  • davidlo421
    davidlo421 Posts: 144
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck on your journey.. You can do it keep a positive attitude its not impossible.. Feel free to add me.. Have a great weekend..
  • dor230586
    dor230586 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi CS,

You took a great decision and I wish you all the best on your journey towards a healthier version of yourself.
    I'm adding you, don't hesitate to ask for tips if you are new to the weight loss process. Keep you motivation up, you'll need it!
    D.
  • dor230586
    dor230586 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Btw, anyone feel free to add me!
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck.
  • cuttingshadow
    cuttingshadow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @ AmandaD0723 : Thank you, I am also planning to keep a daily log.

@susanbrown96 : Yes, I will try to work towards the 50 lbs goal but will do a reality check after a milestone time frame - 1 week, 3 week, 2 month, 4 month and 6 month and put it additional workout and calorie control if needed, if it seems impossible will reset to a more realistic goal.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You can certainly do this with the help of MFP. This place is awesome in several ways. I've lost and kept off 20 lbs for over a year. The community is one of my favorite parts of MFP, for sure. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • nataliebmadueno
    nataliebmadueno Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hey, im fairly new too :) . my sister introduced me to mfp. about 3 weeks ago. when i started i had 35 lbs to lose. it may not seem like alot but when your barely 5ft tall 35 lbs can look and feel like quite a bit. my sister really helped boost my self esteem when i went to visit her and my mom. i just got tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own skin,and feeling like im supposed to look a certain way because im a mom. or that im not supposed to look hot because im a mom. but thanks to my sister and mfp ive lost 11. lbs in 3 weeks :) add me if you want :)
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    Reporting back after my first week @ MFP... Baby Steps .. 3 lbs off
    Diet - Below Goal Calories, Work out - Walking 3 mph, average 4 miles daily for 6 days of week.

- CS
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just started on here on Tuesday morning... never really counted calories before or logged exercise in anything like this- and I'm loving it so far! I've got about 50lbs to lose too but don't really have a set date to get there... taking it slow with smaller goals! Excited to see what this journey will bring!

Here we go!
  • 19LS
    19LS Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all, I have had little success with loosing weight in the past and I'm hoping I can finally loose those extra 30 pounds I have been carrying around for years. I'm hoping to find some friends on here that will help keep me motivated, honest when I slack off, and am open to any tips on diet or excersise. Best of luck to everyone!! :)
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    @lbpowers0506 :- Welcome aboard, I am also very new here - just one week and really loving this place. Planning for around 50 lbs loss in 8 months.

MFP has lot of good information on how to achieve a healthy pattern for weight loss. But what makes MFP really special to me is the great friendly people who has achieved great heights in weight loss and are ready to share their experience and inputs with the new members. Reading success stories in this community is a great inspiration ...

I like the idea of small goals, but would suggest to have a long term goal in mind which you can steadily work towards, so that achieving multiple small goals doesn't stop you from striving towards the big one.

-CS
  • Chickyjd
    Chickyjd Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 38 going on 30... I would love some new buddies that actually comment, offer support and advice... I'm all for offering friendship, advice and support but would actually like some feedback occasionally ;-) xx

I have another 40/50lbs to lose before I'm happy! :)
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    Hey all, I have had little success with loosing weight in the past and I'm hoping I can finally loose those extra 30 pounds I have been carrying around for years. I'm hoping to find some friends on here that will help keep me motivated, honest when I slack off, and am open to any tips on diet or excersise. Best of luck to everyone!! :)

Keep logging the calories daily, strongly suggest downloading an using the smartphone app so that you can log it on the move. Best of of luck, adding you !..
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yall can add me. I'm 28, single mom. I have about 100 lbs to lose.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me if you like! I started out with about 95 to lose and still have about 65 left :flowerforyou:
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    Reporting back after my second week @ MFP... 2.2 lbs off this week...total 5 lbs off since joining MFP...

Diet - Below MFP Goal calories...

Work out - Walking on an average 60 minutes per day for 5 days of week. 1 or 2 days, taking a longer walk than usual (Wed or Thu before my Friday weigh in) for around 7 miles cover in 1:45 or 2 hours.

- CS
  • cuttingshadow
    Options
    Reporting back after my third week @ MFP... 2.9 lbs off this week...total 8.4 lbs off since joining MFP (May 31, 2013)...

Diet - Below MFP Goal calories...

Work out - Walking on an average 90 minutes per day for 5 days of week. 1 or 2 days, taking a longer walk than usual (Wed or Thu before my Friday weigh in) for around 6 miles cover in 1:45 or 2 hours.

- CS