Simple Soup Recipes!

Options
jessicabillman77
jessicabillman77 Posts: 39 Member
Does anyone have any simple soup recipes. i just got russel hobbs mini food processor and i want to put it to good use lol. preferably soups with not many ingredients

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Here are a few soup recipes that I have gathered from others on this web site! I have made most of these and they are delish. Again, the credit goes to others and their previous posts:

Spicy Squash soup:

1 butternut squash
    • 3 carrots
    • 1 onion
    • 1 and half pints veg stock
    • garlic puree
    cube squash and carrots (and onion if you use onion) and lightly fry in spray oil
    add garlic puree and veg stock and chilli flakes
    bring to boil and simmer for 20 mins or until veg is soft
    blitz with hand blender

easiest soup ever and approx 37 cals per serving (i usually get 5 servings from it) and it is lovely and thick

Seafood Bisque
    2 cans cream of tomato soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    crab meat and shrimp
    add some spices

cook on low for 20-30min and enjoy

Curried Butternut Squash soup:
    Serves 3

Ingredients:
    ●1 large butternut squash
    ●1 onion (I used a red onion)
    ●1 teaspoon coconut oil
    ●1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
    ●1 can coconut milk

Method:
    ●Slice the squash in half, lengthways and scoop out the seeds
    ●Place in a hot oven (I think I had it at 180C) and roast for an hour
    ●Fry the onion in the coconut oil, until soft
    ●Add the curry paste to the pan and fry for a minute
    ●Scoop the roast squash and add it to the pan, mixing it all together
    ●Add the can of coconut milk and stir, then leave to simmer for 10 minutes
    ●Blend to a smooth consistency
    ●Season if desired

SACRAMENTO TACO SOUP
    Serves 8 - 1 cup servings Per serving: Calories:155 Fat: 2.9g Fiber: 1.7

Ingredients
    1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
    2 (14.5-oz.) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (I use canned diced tomatoes)
    2 (14.5oz.) cans fat-free chicken broth
    1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, halved
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 cup green taco sauce

Directions
    1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
    2. Tear each tortilla half into 1-inch pieces; place 1 tortilla half in each of 8 soup bowls. Ladle soup into bowls; top each with 1 TBSP. green onions, 1 TBSP. cheese, 1 1/2 tsp. cilantro and 1 1/2 tsp. green taco sauce

Tomato Soup

Sauté about 3 cups (2 mid sized onions) of yellow onions chopped in the olive oil in a good thick soup pot or Dutch oven, sauté for about 10 min or so until they are sufficiently translucent...add in 3 cloves of fresh garlic (minced) and sauté for about 1 more minute, add in a quart of chicken stock, 1 can (28 oz) of good crushed tomatoes (try to find an Italian import as they genuinely do make a difference whole foods has them usually) and a large pinch of saffron...stir, and bring To a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes...at this point I like to add quinoa, or orzo (I prefer orzo but use quinoa for health benefits) about a half cup or so, and cook those in the soup until they're done salt and pepper to taste...when I serve it, I usually put a tablespoon or so of plain Greek yogurt on top it tastes just like sour cream. Serve with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich and you're golden.

Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: about 1 1/3 cups • Calories: 56.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Carb: 11.4 g • Fiber: 2.6 g

1 butternut squash, about 2 cups cubed
    1 carrot, peeled
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 celery rib, chopped
    6 cups fat free chicken or vegetable broth
    2 garlic cloves, halved
    4 sage leaves
    1/2 cup 1% milk

salt and freshly ground pepper

Peel the squash and remove the seeds. Cut into medium size cubes.*
    In a large heavy pot, combine squash, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sage and broth and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat for about 40 minutes, until squash is tender.
    Discard the sage and using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Add milk and adjust the salt and pepper to taste and serve. Great topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

* The easiest way to peel butternut squash is to first cut the top and bottom off the squash. Then cut the squash length wise.

Best split pea soup ever -- and it's easy easy easy!!!

1 pound dried green split peas
    1 medium sweet onion diced finely
    3 celery stalks diced finely
    2 quarts chicken broth (I use chicken base, 1 TB per 1 quart of water)
    1 bay leaf
    Ham steaks (pre-cooked), cubed

Add all ingredients except ham steak to crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Maybe 10 minutes before serving, add ham so it gets up to soup temperature. I get more compliments on this soup. And it couldn't be easier, it takes me about 10 minutes of prep time to cut the onion, celery, and cube the ham. Enjoy!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Creamy Potato Leek Soup

Saute one chopped onion, four chopped leeks, and one clove of minced garlic in a large pot with two tablespoons of olive oil. Add five medium-sized chopped potatoes. Stir together and add two cans of chicken broth, salt, and peopper to taste. Simmer for about forty minutes. Lastly, add in two cups of light cream and blend together for a velvety texture.
  • xoxtarajeanxox
    Options
    Healthy & delicious, a small amount of potato adds plenty of “creaminess” without adding milk or cream. Use all Broccoli or all Cauliflower or combine the two.

1 box or carton of your favourite chicken or vegetable broth/stock
    (OR 4 cups of homemade chicken or veg broth/stock)
    ½ cup diced onion
    1 garlic clove minced
    3 cups chopped broccoli & cauliflower
    -all pieces cut same size (less than 1 inch)
    1 small potato, any kind,
    -peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about ½ cup total)

In a large pot sauté onion in a tablespoon of the broth until soft, do not brown. Sauté garlic for one minute, do not brown, then add the rest of the broth, bring just to a boil. Add all veggies, it will be crowded, they will fill up most of the broth but don’t worry, cover and simmer 15- 20 minutes until soft. Remove from heat, with an immersion blender, carefully blend soup till smooth & silky* (see note*). If you like a little body to your soups remove a cup or so of the soft veggie pieces with a slotted spoon before blending, then add them back to heat them through.I also like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.

*Note* if you don't have an immersion blender you can carefully blend this in batches in your regular blender being very careful not to fill it too full and hold a towel over the top while blending. Safety first! :)
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!