I thought I could do it on my own but I need you

Options
Hey y'all ! I came on here about a year ago and did that facebook stalkery thing where I read the introductions and success stories etc but never got into the conversation, never made friends, never put my "footprints" so to speak in the mfp community. I thought I was good on my own. then like a month or two later I completely gave up, never logged on and gained my weight back (and then some!)
Not going to explain the long story of why I'm back but IM BACK but this time I NEED YOU :( I need to prove to my family and friends who laugh every time I say I'm going on a diet that I can do this! But of course, I need to prove it to myself. Ideally I'd like to lose about 30 pounds and then take it from there. I'm not sure how this works but... i don't know....friend me?

Descrip (if it matters):
female
5'11"
196 pounds - goal 170
<3

Replies

• radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok....I will.
  • nmzalak
    nmzalak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Let's help each other out!
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 30lbs too! You can add me :smile: (plus, I also have no MFP friends, and I definitely do a lot of lurking around)
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome back to MFP! You can reach your goals. We have to fight for our happiness because everyone deserves to feel and be happy. A friend request has been sent.
    I am Yvette. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • lesgiam
    lesgiam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also trying to build up support on here. Happy to support each other on this journey. Sending a friend request!
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome back. I'll add you, hopefully we can support each other : ))
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. Going forward, I would not tell your family or friends that your going on a diet or making life changes. Just take one day at a time and they will see the results and be shocked. You can do this.
  • Ayiti
    Ayiti Posts: 9
    Options
    wow! i'm feeling great already. im SOOOO EXCITED to (re)start this journey. i've definitely started on the right track by reaching out to you guys ! Thank you for the messages and thank you for the adds!
    lets do this!