destroying relationships with workingout

Options
It seems like every time I do a really hard workout I become a complete ***** afterwards....usually I'm fine for the first hour or so after happy even and then I realize that I'm sore and I just feel like i wanna cry...then I'm just exhausted and usually I don't get to bed until like 12 and by that time I feel like I'm almost on a murderous rage to get to bed I start slamming doors and screaming....I'm one of those people that just has to sleep in complete darkness in silence I used to be an insomniac and I found this is the only way I can sleep without being put on medication to just put me out cold..but I refuse to be put on pills anymore....so when bf's up it means I'm up...I just feel bad for him i'm always apologizing the next day after...it just seems like a completely different person takes over when I'm exhausted...just curious if anybody else has the same problem?

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    No, I can't say I do.

If you do work out at night, it can keep you up though.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I think you need to talk to your doctor. The symptoms you are describing are not a normal reaction to exercise.
  • kcrowers
    kcrowers Posts: 17
    Options
    I usually work out mid morning to mid-dayi never go beyond 6 o'clock for that reason, I also notice like in between after I eat something I'm usually fine too for a while its just when it starts to get late at night that it just comes back.....
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I think you need to talk to your doctor. The symptoms you are describing are not a normal reaction to exercise.

I agree, this is not normal. You need to see a medical doctor and you may need therapy...I mean this not in a disparaging way, but in an encouraging way. I suffered insomnia for years and like you did not want to rely on pills to make me sleep. I had to deal with my emotional/mental issues that prevented me from sleeping well.

Before all that though, may I gently suggest that you simply start going to bed earlier? Instead of waiting until 12 and you are so tired and worn out that you're screaming and slamming doors? Try going to bed at 10pm. Do that for a week. If you're still going off the rails then definitely see a doctor.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to support your workouts? I get hangry sometimes too.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Working out should leave you feeling euphoric, happy, and then possibly tired depending on the time of day. I also recommend seeing a physician. Good luck!
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Do you eat enough pre/post workingout? I know for me I get crabby when I'm hungry and haven't eaten enough.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Try working out in the morning, I would talk to your doctor though. This is not normal
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sounds like low blood sugar -- make sure to eat! And maybe look for a workout that makes you happy and not angry.
  • noahsmama33
    noahsmama33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think you need to eat. Have a protein bar or greek yogurt, something, after your workout. I too get crabby when I'm hungry and my body is craving nutrition. Good luck!
  • kcrowers
    kcrowers Posts: 17
    Options
    i'm starting to think it might be low-blood sugar to I just looked it up on google..last night was the worse its ever been...I only had a half a block of tofu post workout..i'm really poor at the moment and live off food stamps as a gluten-free vegan (slight gluten free intolerance..i couldn't even afford meat if I wanted too)kinda sucks because I know I gotta to eat last because 200 hundred bucks a month does not go far in a month...nd I've been really stressed out lately just because it seems like I never really have enough to eat in the house...I used to be fine when I had a little bit more cash on hand and could afford more food..i just want to stick to the same workouts...i'm pretty much living off of TVP and potatos with some cereal in the morning because its what I can afford..i also have a digestive disorder where I can't digest pretty much anything green, rice, most fresh fruits, and beans...I live off disability because of it..well I have a whole bunch of other things wrong with my body too..but maybe its stress to the money I get from disability has to support me and boyfiend..so after rent, cable and his car insurance I have nothing left...he just started up his own buissness and all of my settlement money went to that because I owed him for past bills when I lived with him...I don't know why i'm even posting all this..maybe its just lack of food and a lot of stress
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Maybe have some sleepy time tea with a bit of sugar or milk in it to help you relax in the evening (also could help if it's low blood sugar, but won't be too filling before bed). That's what I used to do when I got off work, then I'd watch a bit of tv or check on here and go to bed.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Personally I love that muscle soreness I get after a good workout. I'm disappointed when I don't get it.

Get a grip, person!
  • theknowledge
    Options
    If you are that dire for money consider loosing the cable, and getting something that you only have to pay for once like a Roku. It has a lot of free channels and you only have a onetime $50 dollar payment instead of a lifetime payment. Having an extra $50 dollars a month could really help with more groceries. It does sound like low blood sugar though.

Good luck.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    make sure your eating within ONE hour after working out.. protein for sure.. and some carbs.. your blood sugar gets too low and overly exhausted maybe?? food/hot shower and read.. you shouldnt have the energy to get angry and slam doors if you worked out hard enough too you know?? but yeah not a 'norm' reaction.. but I also 'get it' cuz ive had random times like that.. but ya in the end sounds like verbal abuse to your bf.. and thats not cool..
    so need to nip this 'routine ' somehow!
  • Jesseca118
    Jesseca118 Posts: 26
    Options
    you might need to eat more. I would feel like this when I was eating low calorie
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options

I agree also.
  • bettepower
    bettepower Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Buh-bye cable. We don't have it—it can be done!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dramarama
  • ernestbecker
    ernestbecker Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This shouldn't be happening. I can see this if you got smack drunk! But not from working out.