Do you notice the jiggle?

Options
klemro
klemro Posts: 156 Member
Ive signed up to do the 5k Color run in August. Ive satarted jogging on the treadmill at the gym to get my endurance up so I can run the whole 3 miles. The problem is when I jog I am highly aware of the fact that my butt is jiggling alot. And it makes me very self consience. Do people notice or even care if someone is jiggling while jogging?

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't think they care.

Side note: After you are good on the treadmill I would get out on the street. Treadmill is much easier to run on than asphalt.
  • klemro
    Options
    ok thanks for the tip:smile:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Others in the race are unlikely to notice. Some men may notice and like it. Wear spanx to reduce the jiggle if you are concerned.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't think they care.

Side note: After you are good on the treadmill I would get out on the street. Treadmill is much easier to run on than asphalt.

^ I agree, I don't know why the treadmill is "easier" but it always feels like it.

And I am always acutely aware of my shorts riding up between my thighs but I do the color runs all the time and trust me, no one cares and you will forget about it once you start to have fun anyway :flowerforyou:
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't think they care.

^ I agree, I don't know why the treadmill is "easier" but it always feels like it.

And I am always acutely aware of my shorts riding up between my thighs but I do the color runs all the time and trust me, no one cares and you will forget about it once you start to have fun anyway :flowerforyou:

Treadmill is easier due to the belt moving your legs in the back position. Many are also equipped with a shock system for your joints. Ultimately you don't have to put as much effort into the next stride. I can run on a treadmill no stop.
  • klemro
    Options
    So all this time I think Im doing great on the treadmill upping my time and speed and Im gonna get out on the street and not be able to run around the block. haha id better start running outside soon :laugh:
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Men notice it.
    They like it.
    Wanna know how I know?
    They congregate behind me for a few minutes while I am running to watch it jiggle :explode: :mad: :explode:

It used to bother me at first because I was so self-conscious about my weight (and its rude as hell) but as time went on, I stopped caring...Kinda liking the way my waist is smaller so my booty looks more delicious lol:wink:

Cant get on the treadmill without at least 2 men stopping to watch, but I still get my workout in!
    And running outside is waaaay more challenging, but I love it on nice days!
  • klemro
    Options
    You should start telling them if they wanna watch they gotta buy a ticket!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes I notice the jiggle. No, it's not something I stress about. If it ever stops jiggling then I'll be bothered. Embrace the jiggle
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm positive that my butt jiggles when I run. There's a lot of it! My husband runs backwards in front of me for awhile, and then he runs behind me for awhile... so he gets a full show! :laugh: However, I don't think anyone else has paid much attention. The jiggle doesn't really bother me, but I do have a collection of long tank tops/tee shirts that I run in so that it's not all on display.

I also recommend running on the street vs. a treadmill. Unfortunately, it is a lot harder, but it will leave you better prepared for running a race.
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    A well-known tactic in a 5k race is to pick out a nice booty in front of you and chase them down. Once you catch them find another nice booty to chase. I've heard it referred to as "pace booty" before.

In all seriousness, nobody cares and if they do care it is much more likely to be because they like it. I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  • ChuckNourish
    Options
    At least everyone will congregate behind you and you can win the race....