Oh the skin!!! :-)

Options
Hi, I am new on here, just started my weight loss journey (well, the one I will stick to, no more excuses!) yesterday. Now my main worry is I am about 40lbs overweight, I have very large arms and belly, it seems most of my weight get carried in those spots. Anyone have any advice on how to make sure my skin doesn't sag as I loose weight? My arms are very large and they are one of my main focuses, how do I loose on my arms without having skin hanging down? Same with my belly? Also any good excersises to target my arms? I really want them to slim down, they are just HUGE!

Replies

• Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump. I would like to know too. :smile:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Can I throw in the obligatory "you can't target fat-loss in an area". Your body is going to take fat from wherever it wants to, your belly being one of the last places it goes to.

I believe that the "sag" takes time to go away. Skin is "elastic". As the fat goes away it will pull back and tighten up on it's own (usually at a slower pace), but just like a rubber band, it can lose elasticity from being stretched out and may not come back all the way.
  • hegster23
    hegster23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think a good way would be to lose the weight slow so the skin shrinks with it along the way.
    That being said...there still may be extra (and like the above poster said: it can lose some elasticity, so you may just be stuck with it.)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Strength Training, Hydration, and Moisturizers. :drinker:
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options

^^^^^ That and take it slowly, the skin does contract, but it takes time! Stick with it, it is sooooo worth it :flowerforyou:
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Slow fat loss (1-2 lbs per week max) and excellent hydration.
  • dcl3872
    dcl3872 Posts: 20
    Options
    Cardio plus a weight lifting routine will do the trick lose the weight slowly while tightening up along the way good luck!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options

This. And don't think it will be fast. If you lose lots of weight it can take a couple of years to return to normal. And it is never guaranteed to be normal again.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! And even though it probably will never be "Normal" again it is 1,00,000 Times Better than being Fat and in Pain!!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Go slow and steady.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lose it slow, but sometimes it's just plain old genetics that do you in.