Want friends to help motivate and inspire to keep going

Options
Hi! I've been on here tracking religiously for 30 days now and have succesfully lost 9 lbs. But, now's the hard part- to keep going! I'm losing motivation and I still would like to lose 30 more lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

Replies

• harley1968
    harley1968 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Adding you as a friend :smile:
  • bridgettetodd9
    bridgettetodd9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on 1 month strong! I've just joined and I'm in a similar boat. I've been all excited and religious about my goals for about a week, lost all my bloated vacation/booze/food weight, and now I've reachd the hard part- ACTUAL weight loss. Good luck!
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just started working out seriously last Saturday, literally doing 4 miles a day on my lunch breaks and 6 miles on my off days, im starting to lose momentum as well, we can help inspire each other
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the weight loss! It can sure be hard to stay motivated. Can you try changing things up? Like try a new class at the gym, spinning, rumba, boxing or get a new DVD? Feel free to add me
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    sit down and look back at day 1 again.. it's normal for people to lose sight of their goals / motivation at times.
    Because you are honest to yourself and you've actually voiced it out.

I have no doubt you can go on and lose more pounds, just as you wanted :)

good luck!
  • Hattie2513
    Hattie2513 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on here tracking religiously for 30 days now and have succesfully lost 9 lbs. But, now's the hard part- to keep going! I'm losing motivation and I still would like to lose 30 more lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)

Thats amazing! How you you manage to lose that so fast?! I am stuck in a wee rut at the moment and am not expecting to lose a huge amount of weight but I think I do need to lose it because I am not physically fit. I love food too much to be worried about any eating problems but I'm having to apply pressure on myself to prepare for 5K run with obstacles and a 10k run with obstacles as I am not getting fit enough. My efforts don't seem to pay off. If I had no other commitments I'd make more time to focus on burning more calories etc.

My fitness pal should be helpful for motivation? I am certainly impressed with your weight loss. My grudge about my weight is that it took years for me to get from (Aged 18, after an operation) 91lb to 145lb (some point in my early 20's) and then I got a shock when I suddenly came 112lb (23/24 or so years old), so I am now more aware that my metabolism is up to speed and that I need to watch and observe my exercise routine/eating. I can get a bit obsessive as you can see...!

Your legs will walk you to the gym or make you do exercise I find... That happened to me a while ago.
  • Hattie2513
    Hattie2513 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sit down and look back at day 1 again.. it's normal for people to lose sight of their goals / motivation at times.
    Because you are honest to yourself and you've actually voiced it out.

I have no doubt you can go on and lose more pounds, just as you wanted :)

good luck!

I like what you've said... :) I always have my goals in mind, but they are probably too vague. Maybe I should think about realistic goals within a certain time frame.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know exactly how you feel! I've been doing wonderfully for a few weeks now..but right now, I feel my willpower is declining... I'll send a request. Anyone can add me too! I need all the motivation I can get!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've been here 847 days now...add away if you like
  • Baug94
    Baug94 Posts: 2
    Options
    Adding as friend! :D
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm your girl! (-; I only ask the same in return!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fantastic first month. You have the right attitude in tracking religiously and just making forward progress. Sending a friend request.
  • imjustpeachiekeen
    imjustpeachiekeen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Adding you as a friend. Hang in there you can do this! What I try to do is break things down by just that meal or that day and make the best choices I can then. It gets overwhelming if you look at your end goal. I know for me when I initially started I was look at having to lose over 120 pounds! If I had just looked at that number I never would have made it. I lost 70 pounds with weight watchers and then for about 2 years fluctuated up and down about 20 pounds. I'm now recommitted to losing 70 pounds but I'm taking it one pound and day at a time....We are all in this together!
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Added, anyone else can add me too