what workout video do you suggest for a beginner?

Options
Hello. I have not exercised in quite some time and I am going to stat classes at my rec center this Sunday 2-3 times a week but in the mean time I also wanted to work out at home and wanted some opinions on some good dvd workouts for beginners that will help me see results. I was looking in to Jillian Michael 30 day shred? any advise on this one or any other suggestions are welcomed. thanks so much

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 pounds and a very low fitness level with Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It's tough, and it will kick your butt, but it's only 20 minutes long and there's a modified option for almost every move she does. If you need to, start with very light weights or even no weights. It's a really good workout no matter how you get through it!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I started using the Slim in Six dvds. I had not exercised in years and I was starting out at over 300lbs. The program has different phases - start it up, ramp it up, burn it up. I was able to do the start it up with very few modifications. I switched to ramp it up after two weeks. It is like start it up but more intense. I am still able to do a lot of the moves with few modifications. I have been alternating the DVDs with using the elliptical at they gym and they are both helping SO much. I really see a differenceI highly recommend these dvds, if someone at my fitness level can get through them, anyone can.
  • smframe1
    smframe1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mindyrae22
    mindyrae22 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started with Insanity. Don't do that :smile: lol. I went to 30 Day Shred after that and it was a good beginner dvd. It will definitely kick your butt, but the individual workout moves aren't difficult in any way. And its only about 25 minutes beginning to end which is a huge plus in my opinion!
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    thx everyone. Im going to buy the 30 day shred and start it tonight! so excited
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Sean T's Rawkin'Body -- isn't as strenuous as Insanity -- and you can get the DVDs and program for under $30 including shipping and handling -- went through the first 4 weeks -- slacked on my 3rd and 4th weeks cause was hurting -- but have since restarted it this week. He keeps you motivated, and there's a person who does modified so you don't have to go full out. I really like it. Good luck in whichever you choose !!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6. It was a great way to get back in shape honestly!
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i might just have to check all these out cause i was thinking it might be boring to do the same workout every day!