Anyone 300lbs+ looking for MFP Friends?

Options
nak1a
nak1a Posts: 69 Member
Hi. I am a 31 year old woman. I am 5'11" and currently weigh 350.2lbs. I am looking to lose 150.2lbs to hit my goal weight of 200lbs even. I have been on a weight loss journey all of my life. I have experienced major weight loss (90-100+lbs) twice in my adult life. My lowest adult weight was 243lbs. I have achieved weight loss in the pass by using weight loss food delivery programs, but I found that they were only a temporary fix and very expensive. Gaining the weight back TWICE took a huge toll on my self-esteem and I spiraled out of control. Today, I am happy to report that I am ready to put all of the my knowledge of diet and exercise to use and finally make my weight loss last. I am looking to specifically add friends who are 300+lbs who can relate being this size and the struggles that it takes to lose weight. I am lucky to have my sister who is significantly smaller who is eating healthier with me, but I would love to link up with people who are in the 300+ club. :) We can and we will do this. Small changes can yield huge rewards. Lets be friends and do this :)

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am not over 300 pounds anymore, but I just wanted to commend you on your postive attitude, and you can do it! I started at 338 pounds, and little changes really do make a difference. Just remember that enthuisiasm and determination you have right now, and keep on going even on days when you do no feel like it!
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I sure am! I am 26 years old, 5'7'' and I started at 335. I'm only down to 328 (as of this morning), but I will take it! :)

I am always looking for friends, feel free to add me. (That goes for anyone!)
  • shoebootie
    shoebootie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm 329 today, down from my highest of 340. I've lost 11 pounds just this week cutting carbs and staying on track. I'm currently following the Atkins low carb diet and I've made a point to walk a mile each day (though yesterday and today I didn't have a chance due to rain).

I just got to a point where I was very physically uncomfortable with my body and unhappy with my fitness level so I have to make changes to have a better life.
  • Lachesis
    Lachesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am not 300+ (200+) but with my frame size (suppose to be petite, 5'), I feel better having heavier friends to help motivate me. I feel sad/depressed when I see someone 130 trying to get to 121. :( I don't know why. I feel insecure.
  • the0th3rjen
    the0th3rjen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm at 301 now...down from 347. I've lost and gained the same 50 lbs for 10 years and I am super serious now. Eating less crap and moving more...thats my plan. Feel free to add me.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i started at 320 lbs this year and like you i lost a lot of weight before (90 lbs and was down to 140 lbs) and gained it all back + double so now i got about 180 lbs to lose to get to that weight again doing it for real this time and planning on keeping it off. I have a medical condition and eat a low carb diet in case that bothers you :smile:
    my brother said something a few months ago that opened my eyes he was like: "I dont even know how you look like because you always played ping pong with your weight" really shocked me and made me think about the way i was going about this

forgot to add i am 5`6
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am not 300+ (200+) but with my frame size (suppose to be petite, 5'), I feel better having heavier friends to help motivate me. I feel sad/depressed when I see someone 130 trying to get to 121. :( I don't know why. I feel insecure.

I too feel depressed when I see someone trying lose small amounts of weight. I understand weight loss is weight loss, but I guess I need to see someone my size be successful. I am no longer over 300lbs but I can relate. At my all time heaviest I was 321lbs I am now down to 288lbs and believe me it has been hard and not as easy as some people may think. If you think I could be of some help please do add.
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    a huge thank you to everyone who replied. i am almost in tears typing this because as a person of my size, i have always felt alone or the oddball and i know all to well the feeling of being the fattest person in the room. i am determined to change that and i can honestly say that i havent felt this good or motivated during my previous weight loss journeys. thank you all so much, you really must know that your acknowledgment and encouraging words mean a lot to me. i just hope that i can inspire others the way you guys have inspired me already.

:)
  • casmjones
    casmjones Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'4 and started original highest weight was 307. I'm down to 287.4 as of this morning. It's been up and down for all my life too. It's nice to see others out there just like me. I'm here for everyone. Feel free to anyone to friend me. Have a great one.
    Suzan
  • squeeky47
    squeeky47 Posts: 1
    Options
    H, I I TO AM OVER THREE HUNDRED POUNDS. I HAVE TRIED NUMEROUS DIETS AND THEY ALL WORK FOR A LITTLE WHILE I AM NOW LOOKING INTO WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY. I EXCPECT TO HAVE MY SURGERY IN MID JULY OR EARLY AUGUST AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT. I NEED TO LOSE 200 POUNDS TO PUT ME AT MY GOAL WEIGHT SO IT IS GOING TO BE A LONG HAUL EVEN WITH SURGERY.
    I DO NOT GO OUT OF THE HOUSE ANY MORE EXCEPT TO GO TO DRS.I AM BECOMING A HERMIT AND I DO NOT LIKE IT. I HAVE A DIABETIC ULCER ON THE BOTTOM OF MY RIGHT BIG TOE AND IT REFUSES TO HEAL AND STAY HEALED AND THEY HAvE TOLD ME TO STAY OFF OF IT THAT IS ONE REASON I DO NOT GET PUT AND BURN CALORIES.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" as well. I started at 339 and am 292 right now. Feel free to add me. I'm on my phone so it takes to long to type much but you can do this!!!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Im not 300+ anymore but I WAS...380 to be precise and now I am 196 pounds...feel free to add me :)
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me..Im right there with you:bigsmile: