Optimal Time to Exercise

Options
When is the best time of day to exercise? Does it increase your metabolism if you exercise first thing in the morning? Is it best to exercise before or after eating?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• nat8100
    nat8100 Posts: 17
    Options
    When is the best time of day to exercise? Does it increase your metabolism if you exercise first thing in the morning? Is it best to exercise before or after eating?

Any thoughts?
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I exercise first thing in the morning. I take my kids to school or summer camp and then drive directly to my gym. In the car I have snack :(one fruit or health-bar). I am usually in the gym for 1h20min and then I come home for big breakfast. I live by the rool: "Breakfast eat by yourself. Lunch share with friend. Dinner- give it to your enemy" Usually I burn out about 500 cal in the gym,so my breakfast would be about 500 cal- to replenish. Then I will have the rest of the day to eat my "bmr" calories... Hope this helps
  • gaelbrady
    gaelbrady Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I heard it was best to exercise in the morning...preferably before eating. That jump-starts your metabolism. I do yoga every morning and then eat breakfast. It's done wonders.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The time that works best for you. If you are not a morning person, trying to get up early to exercise might make it so you just skip the exercise for the day.

I personally like the morning cause it makes me feel good about myself and starts the day off right.