Zumba

Options
Does anyone know how to enter Zumba as an exercise or how many calories it burns?

Replies

• Notsocorny
    Options
    i put it under aerobic dancing. :/
  • Belle2
    Belle2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ok, Thanks..
  • stephie10
    Options
    I enter it as Dancing, Aerobic, Ballet or Modern, Twist. For a 1 hour class it registers a little over 500 calories burned, which is consistent with what a fitness guru friend of mine said she reports.

Hope this helps! Maybe we can get the MFP powers that be would add it to their database!
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I added it to my exercises, just like you can add food that is not in the database :) I wore HRM several times for class and it has been about 500 cal each time.
  • tkthompson244
    Options
    I was suprised it wasnt here when I looked the other day. I hadnt seen the aerobic dance so I was putting it under high impact aerobics cuz its very high impact for me
  • ejoh40509
    ejoh40509 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Zumba can burn alot of calories depending on how much U put into it, so each time can be something different as far as how much u burn. I do Zumba at home and I go to a class twice a week each time is a totally different calorie burn. I do wear a HRM at all times though. One day I burned almost 900 calories and another time I only burned 730. When I use the home video I burn from 300-500 and that's only because I haven't gotten use to the moves yet . So I suggest you wear a HRM to get accurate calorie burn. Oh and by the way, when I log it into MFP I just type in Zumba and the length of time and it will give you a estimate of the calorie burn unless you know..then u put in that amount.
    Good Luck!!!