Polar FT4 Malfunctions: Anyone Else? Help? Advice?

Options
I have had my polar FT4 for about a year now and I love it. I have had no issues with it. In the last week it has started acting up. During my workouts now it constantly flashes "check heartrate transmitter" on the screen and my heart rate justs read 00. I take the monitor off the chest strap and resnap it on. It will work for a minute or so then go right back to doing the same thing. Has anyone else had an issue like this with any model polar? Could it just be a battery issue..... Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    You can try washing the chest strap in soapy water and rinse it well but at some point the chest straps (the soft ones with the fabric) stop working. You can get a replacement strap without transmitter from Heartratemonitorsusa.com for about 15 bucks

Also you might need to change the battery in the watch or transmitter
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    You can try washing the chest strap in soapy water and rinse it well but at some point the chest straps (the soft ones with the fabric) stop working. You can get a replacement strap without transmitter from Heartratemonitorsusa.com for about 15 bucks

Also you might need to change the battery in the watch or transmitter

My answer is the same as above. I have the FT7.
  • MrsBach
    MrsBach Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This happened to me last week. It's the watch battery, not the transmitter. The watchface on mine was fading, then it went to 00 and finally, check strap. New watch batter and it was up and running perfectly again.

Edit to add that I had mine for about a year as well.
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Where can I pick up a new battery? Do you have to order them online?
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Where can I pick up a new battery? Do you have to order them online?

anywhere.