Hi Guys!

Options
Hello everyone. Im new to my fitness pal and I honestly really just need alot of encouragement right now. This weight loss thing is soooo hard especially after having a baby. I see other people have babies and their bodies bounce back, but mine not so much. So please keep me encouraged and I will do the same for you!!! Thanks:)

Replies

• paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend and would love to encourage you and get encouragement from you too. I need all the encouragement I can get. Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • CarmenDsewell
    Options
    hello, and welcome, congrats on the birth of your new baby. The weight loss thing not easy to do by all means, but if you put the work in, you will most definitely reap the benefits not only for yourself, but for your baby as well because he/she will enjoy a long, healthy life with you...so, that said, let's get down to business, which is getting you healthy. You can do anything you set your mind to, you are stronger than you think! just take one step at a time but stick with it, and soon you will see the results....get to work because the sooner you start, the better.
  • FightOnB
    FightOnB Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You know, I've had MFP for a while now (I think about a year) but I never really looked at people's posts or added friends. I happened to see your post today and was inspired to reach out to offer encouragement and because I've learned that having support really helps! I'm far from reaching my own goals but it helps to know there are others out there who share your health goals and who understand the daily challenges. As someone else just said, you can do anything you put your mind to as long as you stick with it and celebrate the smaller accomplishments! Congrats on your baby and for taking the step of joining a group to help keep you motivated and where you can ask questions and become empowered in your journey!
  • connieearls
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Connie. I have only been a member of myfitness for about a month. My dad passed away in Oct and I guess from all the stress and everything else that was going on made me gain weight. I was starting to get really depressed because I couldn't work out because I would get dizzy, or feel like I was going to pass out. I would eat then feel hungry again about 2 hours later. I am no longer hypoglycemic so I can work out now. I started eating every few hours and working out. Walking, spinning, and running. I had a metabolism test done and they say my metabolism was so high and I wasn't eating enough to sustain my body. So, I was storing fat instead of losing weight which answers why I was gaining weight instead of losing! I have never been this big before and want to lose it and I will. I currently weigh 192 and since i started my diet from the metabolism people 2 weeks ago I feel like I have tons of energy and feel like I'm losing inches. I weighed 180 in December and it seemed like I kept gaining! I usually weigh around 168. However, the scale isn't moving:( Is it because I'm gaining muscle and since muscle weighs more than fat thats why? I really want to see weight loss! Does anyone else have any advice?
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome!