how do i figure out 1/2 piece of cheese?

Options
i just ate a 1/2 piece of boarshead provolone cheese and I can not figure out nutritional value since serving size is 1 oz. I have no idea how much a 1/2 piece of cheese weighs. Can someone help me? thanks

Replies

• apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Half a "piece" is very subjective. You would've had to weigh it to know for sure. Just record what you think is closest.
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    http://boarshead.com/products/cheese

Each package should have an "estimated servings per container" that you can roughly divide by how much you ate.
  • Michaelsdin
    Michaelsdin Posts: 146
    Options
    i just ate a 1/2 piece of boarshead provolone cheese and I can not figure out nutritional value since serving size is 1 oz. I have no idea how much a 1/2 piece of cheese weighs. Can someone help me? thanks

How many servings are in it?
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    i ordered a half a pound from the deli, so Im not sure-horrible at math
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    so 8oz? 1oz = 1serving if u ate half the 8oz you ate 4oz if you ate half of a "rough" 1oz u ate half an oz
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    put 8 = little slits in the cheese and that should be a rough 1oz serving. include the beginning and end pieces so dont put 8 slits in the cheese u should really only have 6 slits
  • coco3382458
    coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If it was deli sliced cheese, and you know the number of slices you got, divide 8 oz by that number to get the weight of one piece, then divide that in half. Or, if you have a food scale, weigh a slice then divide that number.

My deli's slices tend to weigh 1/2 oz, so if you are really not sure maybe just estimate 1/4 oz.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    1 oz of cheese is about the size of a pair of dice. I would really recommend getting a food scale, though. It makes things much easier. And it helps with getting familiar with what weights of certain foods look like so you can estimate portions better when you're at a restaurant or whatever and can't bust out the scale and weigh everything.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Weigh the remain. Subtract from 8oz.

Jesus wept, peoplz.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

my deli cheese is approximately an ounce a slice - so 1/2 a slice would be 1/2 a serving. I'd recommend buying a kitchen scale - solves a lot of life's mysteries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Weigh the remain. Subtract from 8oz.

Jesus wept, peoplz.

Or weigh it BEFORE you eat it.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    weigh it and do the math :-)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    so the question is how much cheese is one half of a piece of cheese?

am i being punk'd?

9j7lDnD.gif