Macaroni and Cheese

Options

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    weigh the pan before you cook it, cook it, weight then pan after cooked then subtract original pan weight and devide by 8. Go by weight and you will know for certain and won't have to take only 1 serving sizes if you don't want to!
    I like your idea! I find it a simple way to do it each time on the multiple serving dishes we make. I had heard this idea before, and perhaps it was another post on a thread by you? I'm not sure but it can simplify when a dish doesn't give a serving size in cup or gram measurements.

I've yet to try this method but good to know for the future recipes!:drinker: :happy:

Be nice if they all did, but you've made a good point, if a person uses your method you really can control the portion size to whatever you want it to be, less or more and easily figure it out.

Glad you shared:flowerforyou:
    Becca:heart:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Nope, not a post by me, but thanks, it really does work well. I am a person that wants every last crumb due to me, so I generally wiegh in grams, but just did this today with a meatloaf my hubby cooked and it was great knowing the exact amount instead of guestimating!

Takes a few seconds of "work it out" time, but saves in trying to figuring it out by looking at other people's numbers!
  • slim4lyf
    slim4lyf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for spelling out my Dinner tonight. I am going to make half your recipe and the other half I will add Broccoli for future use.
    Cutting this amount in 8 pieces is a real generous serving, and we need comfort food today :-)
  • roderick_stacey
    roderick_stacey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Thanks for spelling out my Dinner tonight. I am going to make half your recipe and the other half I will add Broccoli for future use.
    Cutting this amount in 8 pieces is a real generous serving, and we need comfort food today :-)
    Enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    This looks great! Saving to make one day next week... :)
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This looks so good. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    bump
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • MamaCasell
    Options
    bump
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    Yummy!
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Bump, my whole family loves mac & cheese and I don't think they will know this is kinda healthy...so I will give it a try...thanks!!
  • countrymama08
    Options
    This is how I make mac and cheese anyway. I use the milk we have on hand which is usually 1%. I use whole wheat pasta. I mix regular cheddar with WW cheddar. If you use only low fat cheese the consistency get a little yucky.

The only thing I don't do is bake it. We just eat it gooey.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    This sounds yum:laugh: I guess I'd forgotten all about posting because I was surprised to see I did:blushing:

I agree on the broccoli, it's a good add in, as well as chicken at times :drinker:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Yummt, bump.
  • TeresaJTuck
    TeresaJTuck Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You probably can find a low-fat recipe of Mac and Cheese on the internet. I'm always finding ways to make fattening meals low-fat myself. That wat you can eat it, not miss it.
    Teresa