Starting Insanity for the First Time on Monday

Options
Hello! I'm starting the Insanity program on Monday for the first time. I've gone back and forth about the program for a long time and I finally decided to order it last week! I have the calendar on my wall, ready to go, and I've got the DVD's sitting by my DVD player anxiously waiting for Monday! :)

Any tips anyone can offer me as a heavier girl? I've done P90X in the past (not the entire program) so I **somewhat** know what level of intensity to expect. I do know that Insanity is harder!

Background on me: I have not always been overweight, it started my Junior/Senior year in college. Before that I was extremely healthy and weighed 140 at 5'6. I also used to lift in high school and college. I'm working towards that body again and struggle with binging. I now recognize WHY I binge and what I need to do to counter it.

Please feel free to add me if you can offer support and motivation for this journey! Please include a brief message as well. :)

Thanks!

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm starting the Insanity program on Monday for the first time. I've gone back and forth about the program for a long time and I finally decided to order it last week! I have the calendar on my wall, ready to go, and I've got the DVD's sitting by my DVD player anxiously waiting for Monday! :)

Any tips anyone can offer me as a heavier girl? I've done P90X in the past (not the entire program) so I **somewhat** know what level of intensity to expect. I do know that Insanity is harder!

Background on me: I have not always been overweight, it started my Junior/Senior year in college. Before that I was extremely healthy and weighed 140 at 5'6. I also used to lift in high school and college. I'm working towards that body again and struggle with binging. I now recognize WHY I binge and what I need to do to counter it.

Please feel free to add me if you can offer support and motivation for this journey! Please include a brief message as well. :)

Thanks!

Hi you can join my motivation and support group for Insanity and all team beachbody programs we would love to have you. I completed P90X last week and am on day 5 Insanity today. I have over 20 new Insanity members in my support group that started this week. The link is below. Anyone working out to Insanity or any Team Beachbody program is welcome to join us for support an motivations.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group
  • shelliemacs
    shelliemacs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did 3 cycles of Insanity. I HATED the warm-up but did push myself every day. While my endurance did improve, I didn't feel I got the changes that were hyped on the infomercials. I have done P90x, Turbojam, and now I am on my 3rd cycle of a hybrid of Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat. I LOVE THEM! I never before did weight lifting and the LM Pump is fantastic. Its great for beginners and you can definitely advance by just using more weights. The LM Combat is the most I have sweat out of any of these programs. I have been doing these since October 2012 and I am still getting results. The more you perfect your moves, the more you get from it.

Good luck with the Insanity month 1 is hard but Month 2 is worse.
  • triniruby
    triniruby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm happy I found you on here I'll be starting on Sunday because I want my Off Day to be Saturday ;-)
    I'm not sure how to add a friend on here so plz add me. I'd love to complete my journey with someone that's starting with me. We can do this!!!!!!!!

18363081.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    I did 3 cycles of Insanity. I HATED the warm-up but did push myself every day. While my endurance did improve, I didn't feel I got the changes that were hyped on the infomercials. I have done P90x, Turbojam, and now I am on my 3rd cycle of a hybrid of Les Mills Pump and Les Mills Combat. I LOVE THEM! I never before did weight lifting and the LM Pump is fantastic. Its great for beginners and you can definitely advance by just using more weights. The LM Combat is the most I have sweat out of any of these programs. I have been doing these since October 2012 and I am still getting results. The more you perfect your moves, the more you get from it.

Good luck with the Insanity month 1 is hard but Month 2 is worse.

Thanks shelliemacs! I enjoy high intensity and hope that I am able to make it through the whole 60 days!
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    Hi, I'm happy I found you on here I'll be starting on Sunday because I want my Off Day to be Saturday ;-)
    I'm not sure how to add a friend on here so plz add me. I'd love to complete my journey with someone that's starting with me. We can do this!!!!!!!!

18363081.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Triniruby I just added you a couple of hours ago. :)
  • darkpurple2
    darkpurple2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just completed Day 2 of Insanity (1st workout after the Fitness Test) today. I'm a newbie too. :-)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I start week 2 in the morning. I have definitely seen visible results already (I posted the progress pictures if you're interested). This is the kind of program where you get out what you put in. Just be careful not to push yourself to injury. Take breaks when you need them and do NOT sacrifice form for speed or reps. That's how you get hurt. Do it right, though, and it can do great things from what I've seen so far.
  • mewtwo500
    mewtwo500 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just finished up week 3 of Insanity--it really is a great program! I have actually gained a few pounds but was lowish/normal weight to start with, and I definitely see more definition in my stomach and legs. The hardest part for me is definitely the mental aspect of the workouts. They really do push you and you will be super uncomfortable and out of breath for the entire video, which I had a hard time getting used to. On the plus side, you get a really good workout in a short amount of time. My advice is just to stick with it the best you can, eat well, and make sure to take pictures so you can track your progress!! :)
  • rdjcontact
    Options
    I'm going to start the Insanity Workout next week, when is the best time to do it? morning before I go to work or evening when I get back?

I work a standard 9 to 6 5 days a week. Also I usually ride my bike to work which takes 40 mins there and then 40 mins back, and I play football twice a week. Am I going to be too physically drained to do all this as well as the workout? Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    Hi! I just completed Day 2 of Insanity (1st workout after the Fitness Test) today. I'm a newbie too. :-)

Congrats on day 2! It's a rough one! I did it this morning before work. :)
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    I start week 2 in the morning. I have definitely seen visible results already (I posted the progress pictures if you're interested). This is the kind of program where you get out what you put in. Just be careful not to push yourself to injury. Take breaks when you need them and do NOT sacrifice form for speed or reps. That's how you get hurt. Do it right, though, and it can do great things from what I've seen so far.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying to keep it in my head that I don't have to push as hard as they do. And often times THEY can't even keep up with Shaun! He's crazy. Haha

It's also so encouraging to see people who have stuck with it and are seeing results. :)
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    I'm going to start the Insanity Workout next week, when is the best time to do it? morning before I go to work or evening when I get back?

I work a standard 9 to 6 5 days a week. Also I usually ride my bike to work which takes 40 mins there and then 40 mins back, and I play football twice a week. Am I going to be too physically drained to do all this as well as the workout? Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks

You will definitely be physically drained! But the key is the mentality that you have going into it. I have a lot of motivation due to the fact that I have to fit into my mom's wedding dress for my wedding next year. That fuels me every morning and gets me up and pushing play! I'm only on day 2 and I'm extremely sore!

Personally, I do my workouts in the morning because I get really lazy at night after work. :) I've been getting up at 5am to get them in. It isn't so bad if I go to bed at a 9:30 or 10. I would say do what works best for you, if 5am is doable--then go for it! If the evening is better--do it! :)
  • 1chubbychicken1
    1chubbychicken1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finished day 9 today, im losing inches especially around my tummy :D i feel so strong and....
    INSANITY IS GIVING ME A BUBBLE BUTT AND I LOVE IT LOLOL
  • mrsroc2010
    mrsroc2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I finished day 9 today, im losing inches especially around my tummy :D i feel so strong and....
    INSANITY IS GIVING ME A BUBBLE BUTT AND I LOVE IT LOLOL

Perfect this is excatly what I'm looking for I will take the challenge begining this weekend.:bigsmile:
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 today. My question....is whats in the videos enough to tone all over or do you need to do extra for toning?
  • silviadarling
    silviadarling Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Day 6 on Insanity baby! You can do this! Fight the pain! The thing that helps me get through the workout everyday is to say " The voice inside your head, that says you cant do it is a LIAR!"
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You Insanity folks need to read this review from over on Amazon. Absolutely inspirational.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1R55KN190MLUP/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1R55KN190MLUP
  • coleycurly
    coleycurly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    amazing...
  • hatkinson87
    Options
    You Insanity folks need to read this review from over on Amazon. Absolutely inspirational.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1R55KN190MLUP/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1R55KN190MLUP

Incredible story!!!! I can't wait til I am at that point! :)

I'm on day 8 of Insanity and I can already see my clothes are getting loser and I can now do REAL pushup!!! No more girl pushups for me! I'm so excited and very happy I spent the money!

If anyone is thinking about doing Insanity, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not in good shape and not at a good weight, but I get up every morning at 5am and PUSH PLAY! I do as much as I can and take breaks when I need to. There are certain moves I can't do yet so I modify slightly. The program is Insane, but it's totally worth it!