treat night??

Options
Hey does anyone have a treat night?

i had a small kebab tonight and some ice cream for a treat.

Just wondering if anyone else has a wee treat now and again?

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    According to your idea of a treat, I treat myself every night, lol.

Me: Why hello there pudding.

Pudding: ...

Me: I will have you as a lovely dessert, but in a controlled portion. Is that okay?

Me: Perfect!

• loggie05
    loggie05 Posts: 10
    Options
    hahaha yeah well that is me a bit aswell although i keep it in my calorie allowance.

I mean as in going over your allowance type treat???? it is Friday night and i am still in my calorie range but not by much and i really fancy a glass of wine lol
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I actually mentioned this myself the other day! People say to treat yourself, that you deserve it, but I found treating myself gave me a taste for the stuff it took me ages to stop eating! So I don't treat myself now, I found it keeps me more on track!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    hahaha yeah well that is me a bit aswell although i keep it in my calorie allowance.

I mean as in going over your allowance type treat???? it is Friday night and i am still in my calorie range but not by much and i really fancy a glass of wine lol
    Oh, well I can understand that too. :D I haven't yet, but I haven't actually been out to eat since I started this. xD Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my parents, so I may go over a bit as a treat and get a higher-fat meat rather than an ultra-lean one.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I gave in to my craving for Chinese tonight and last week I had KFC on Friday night! Stayed within my cals last week with the KFC but damn sure I haven't today given the Ben & Jerry's Core Sundae I had at the cinema earlier too! LOL

Nothing wrong with a treat night, enjoy every mouthful :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Log it before you eat it. Look at your log. Make an informed decision about what you want.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options

I occasionally decide to treat myself and go over my goals - generally for a special occasion or a holiday, but sometimes I just want to enjoy a glass of while AND have a bit of dessert, rather than choosing one or the other like I generally do.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Log it before you eat it. Look at your log. Make an informed decision about what you want.

This. I've only gone over my calorie goal once, and it was by like 30 calories or something. I just fit my treats in my daily calories.
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    According to your idea of a treat, I treat myself every night, lol.

Me: Why hello there pudding.

Me: I will have you as a lovely dessert, but in a controlled portion. Is that okay?

Me: Perfect!

HAHAHA. This is perfect. But yeah, I'm the same way. For example, I eat chocolate several times a week. Not to mention I pretty much always eat cookies on Sundays. I eat pretty much whatever, in moderation. I make up for it by eating super healthy the rest of the time. So it all pretty much evens out. The main reason is because that is something I will be able to maintain the rest of my life. So you also have to think about it that way. I don't think anyone is going to spend the rest of their life not indulging every once in awhile...

Plus, if you're anything like me, I generally eat a lot of whole foods. So sometimes 1400-1500 calories can fill me up. So indulging can bring my calories up more easily closer to my net goal, without having to stuff my face. Cause I really hate the feeling of being full.
  • loggie05
    loggie05 Posts: 10
    Options
    i haven't went over as yet which suppose is good but i think i am going to have a wee glass of full fat juice which will take me over by a few calories.

I generally think a treat once a week is ok but i really need to lose so i think i will keep incorporating my treats into my calorie intake.

WINE is calling me though haha although this is one of the bigger calorie drinks mmmmmmm decisions

to have the wine or not???
  • tcraw15
    Options
    i haven't went over as yet which suppose is good but i think i am going to have a wee glass of full fat juice which will take me over by a few calories.

I generally think a treat once a week is ok but i really need to lose so i think i will keep incorporating my treats into my calorie intake.

WINE is calling me though haha although this is one of the bigger calorie drinks mmmmmmm decisions

to have the wine or not???

I never say no to wine. Haha.

But yeah, as long as you can incorporate them into your daily calories, I don't see the problem.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yep im a daily "treater" as well as long as i saved calories which I try to do. sometimes i go for an extra walk or run to help. had a bowlful of frozen yogurt with toppings last night.
  • melissataylor02010
    melissataylor02010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    yes once a week i let myself have whatever my heart desires lol
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    My idea of a treat night is eating out. There's just something about eating in a restaurant (even if I only make healthy choices) that just adds to the enjoyment.
  • tcraw15
    Options
    yep im a daily "treater" as well as long as i saved calories which I try to do. sometimes i go for an extra walk or run to help. had a bowlful of frozen yogurt with toppings last night.

This is hilarious to me, because as you state that, your profile picture is one of you stuffing your face with what looks like a cupcake. Hahaha I love it. You have the right idea, sir. :)
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

This is hilarious to me, because as you state that, your profile picture is one of you stuffing your face with what looks like a cupcake. Hahaha I love it. You have the right idea, sir. :)
    it was a delicious cupcake too.
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    it's treat night every night for me :D
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Every day is a treat day for me. I had a sugar free fat free pudding pop just this morning. Ice cream is a daily occurrence.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    regularly on weekends. My workouts are far higher on weekends so I have the calories for most anything I want.
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a small treat when I feel like it as long as I'm still within calorie range. I do have to stay away from pizza as I cannot for the life of me come away eating only one or two slices. :(

Recently I started making my own out of pita bread or english muffins. That way I have small portions and not 3/4 of a medium pizza staring me in the face.