Celebrate how far you've come

Options
instead of how far you have to go :) It's, easy to get discouraged thinking how you have another 25, 50, 100, 150, 200+ pounds to go, so instead look at the smaller picture and be proud of how far you have come!

Yesterday I went shopping for some preen and when I noted the size of the bag, 31 pounds, I noticed that is the amount of weight I have lost so far this year. So I turned it into a picture oppertunity :)

preen.png

Those bags are heavy! LOL

Replies

• Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow - way to go!!! I love the picture :flowerforyou:
  • emilygray7165
    emilygray7165 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done on losing 31 pounds! Keep going, you're doing awesomely! :D
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    That is awesome you posted this! Just this morning I was carrying my 30lb daughter into school and thinking how freaking heavy she is and then I wondered to myself, "How on earth did I walk around carrying 3 of her all the time"?

Way to go on your weight loss!
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Deb! And so motivational! :) You're the best and I'm glad I found you on here so long ago!
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow. I can see that you are going to be one of MFP's rising stars with such a fantastic attitude. Basically you rock! :glasses:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    What a great idea!!!

When I get to goal weight, I'm taking of picture of me with my dog - because I would have lost his weight!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!:drinker:
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great pic! Keep up the good work!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Love it!!:) Keep up the great work:)
  • sar1386
    sar1386 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's so wonderful, can u imagine u no longer carry that around! AMAZING, I WANT TO DO THAT WHEN I GET THERE, THAT'S SO COOL!! Congrats on your great achievement, lovely picture. Best wishes from the U.K, please anyone can add me, I NEED FRIENDS, LOL!!
  • Misty2024
    Misty2024 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, you have given me another way of looking at this journey to look at what I have lost not just focusing on what I have left to loose.....you are doing awesome! Thanks so much again for posting this...:)
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What a great visual!!!
    Congratulations on your loss:drinker:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This made me smile! It's a great way to get some real perspective on weight loss, makes it tangible.:flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great photo...CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Great job and idea! To think you carried that weight around on a consistent basis. Congratulations!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yay !!!!!!!!!!!
  • adriennepaolini
    Options
    Way to go! 31 Pounds lost is amazing! I am celebrating little successes Like being able to take a hard path at our nature center and still breath at the end :) being at the pool and being able to get out with out feeling like a beached whale .. (my knees are not the best so lifting over 300 pounds out of water up steps was no easy task). Being able to start Yoga again to build up knee strength.. these are my victories right now not what me scale says.

Keep on trucking! (I think I might weigh myself it has been a while LOL)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Great comparison. Way to keep things in perspective! It won't be long before you're hauling 2 of those things in your victory photo! :drinker: