milk substitute

Options
crose0056
crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
I just got container of blue diamond almond breeze unsweetened vanilla "milk". Not bad, for cereal I will only use 1/2 cup, fruit, and spenda w/cereal of choice- lately it has been fiber one raisin bran clusters. My MLK only a mere 15 calories. Not a bad deal hu? Any other suggestions on saving calorie tips? Thanks

Replies

• tados
    tados Posts: 68
    Options
    Soy milk and rice milk are good substitutions but I'm pretty sure calorie wise it doesn't get better then Almond. Sorry I'm really no help.
  • SydneyRenee2
    SydneyRenee2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the light original soy milk mixed with the almond because I can't deal with almond alone. I do use all almond milk to make my oatmeal every morning. I find the oatmeal keeps me satisfied longer. I use cinnamon, 1/2tbsp of coconut shredded, 1/16 cup of raisins, and a couple inches banana. I also use a natural sweetener and himalayan pink sea salt which makes all the difference in the world! :)
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't drink dairy milk anymore or really use it in cooking, but I keep Silk almond milk in the fridge. I use it in my oatmeal as well with 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries and 1/2 tbsp of honey :)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Use skim milk unless you're truly allergic. No substitute will beat its nutrition profile
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I substitute skim milk instead of whole milk.