Lost My Pregnancy Weight!

Options
spunkychelsea
spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
My son turns 2 this weekend and I am so happy! With him I gained 23 pounds and had gestational diabetes. Lost it all in 8 days. Still was fat, but hey, at least I was back to my before fat! (kind of, I am convinced the body will NEVER be the same!) Joined a gym, lost 10 more pounds since just breastfeeding wasn't burning the weight off like everyone said. (Now looking back I was just eating ALL of my BF calories) Got pregnant again (on purpose!) when he was 9 months old. Convinced I'd have diabetes again ate EVERYTHING the second time around until the test. Then I didn't have GD again, so kept eating. I gained 46 pounds. From weeks 16-41 (he was 2 weeks late, she was only 1) I gained almost 2 pounds every week. Couldn't believe it, but couldn't/didn't want to stop eating.

Well, she turned 5 months on the 1st (she was born on New Year's Day) and I have officially lost all 46 pounds as of this morning. I started with mfp when she was 2 months old. I started just logging what I ate, turns out I was probably eating like 3,000 calories a day. I only ate what I wasn't embarrassed to log (read less cookies) and I was eating 2,300 calories. So started eating healthier and just less (still enough calories to BF). Found out I can eat a LOT more if I eat fruits and veggies instead of oreos and pizza, which I still eat just in moderation.

I still have 12 more pounds to go to be healthy, but if I lose one more pound then I will be at my lowest in like 4-5 years! I wasn't overweight growing up, but when I got married (10 years ago this month!) we both packed on the pounds. Now my husband and I are losing weight together and eating and being healthier for our kids.

No pics, I'm still a slob, but maybe someday I'll feel confident with before and afters!

Replies

• sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You're doing a wonderful job. Keep up the hard work!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Congrats on having healthy babies and getting your pregnancy weight off :) Keep up the great work! :)
  • blaqpepa
    blaqpepa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the great work :)
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!

One of the best parts is my husband told me to drop and give him 20 pushups and I managed 10 girl ones. Not great, but more than I could do a few weeks ago!
  • dhbratt26
    dhbratt26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is great! I am so happy for you:) What a great feeling of accomplishment!
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congrats I also gained 46lbs with my 1st and only son and lost all the preggo weight in 6 months. Bf helps to lose weigh but also makes you more hungry I bf for 13 months and after I stopped bf I lost 10 more pounds very fast. Maybe is true what my doctor told me when you're bf the body keeps a reserve of fat and it's really hard to get rid of it unless you stop.

Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!