Anyone just start dieting and loose only inches??

Options
I started my official diet plan about 3 weeks ago, since I have yo-yo'd between 3-5 lbs lost. I am eating 1,200 calories a day, exercising religiously. I have although lost 3 inches in my waist line and 1 inch from my hip area. The lost inches are great although I would like to see more of a number change on the scale, anyone have this problem?

Replies

• LittleSmurfX
    Options
    You're losing the inches and the fat as well but you're gaining muscle so in the same space where there was fat before, there's leaner muscle that weighs the same, so you may not see a number change but you're seeing a size change (:
    If that all makes sense
  • Neshmi
    Neshmi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would gladly trade 10 lbs on the scale for two inches lost around the waist!

Be patient, the results will rush in if you keep strong and stick to the plan. Enjoy the variety of ways that your body will transform.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have. Since getting more religious with my diet and exercise I've gained 2 lbs but lost 2 inches. I wouldn't worry about the scale as much as inches. Losing inches means youre losing fat.. and thats more important then just losing weight.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I always make sure to loose my inches. Makes them easy to lose. :wink:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Losing inches> losing weight i will take inches lost over weight any day
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    I always make sure to loose my inches. Makes them easy to lose. :wink:
    :smile:

BTW, love your nick and your ticker.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me. Lost about 2 inches off my hips, one off my thighs about 2-3 weeks in but my weight was stalled You are probably building muscle and burning fast as everyone else said. At about 4 weeks, my weight loss and inch loss seemed to completely stall as well. I ate maintenance for last week and hope that will jump start my fat loss again.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    As you are new to exercising, your muscles are retaining water to help with repairs - therefore the no change on the scale...You are not gaining muscle - almost impossible to gain in 3 weeks, let alone that much...
    Your scale weight is not written on your forehead - your jeans are visible to anyone...Keep doing what you are doing and the scale will go down....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose inches. My weight isn't tattooed on my forehead so it is the inches that really matter.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    You're losing the inches and the fat as well but you're gaining muscle so in the same space where there was fat before, there's leaner muscle that weighs the same, so you may not see a number change but you're seeing a size change (:
    If that all makes sense

No, you are not "gaining muscle" on a 1,200 calorie deficit and just in three weeks. Losing inches is wonderful, and congratulations on that. I would rather lose inches than pounds. But unless you are lifting very heavy things and eating more than 1,200 calories, you are not gaining muscle. I eat 2,200 a day, lift very heavy things and am have still not gained muscle.....TRYING to.

Read this and it should help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet