No Motivation Left

Options
I have been trying to lose weight for years now. At times I have even managed to lose a few pounds but I would put them right on. There is no motivation or willpower left in me. I hope I can get some inspiration from everyone that is trying their hardest to lose weight. If MFP won't help me lose weight, I don't know what will. I wish everyone that is struggling to lose weight all the best , and a lot of success on their journey.

Replies

• blw731
    blw731 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck! I'm a new bee also!
  • alexpark0ur
    Options
    Discipline is Greater than Motivation. Learn it, love it and embrace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMnMp-d5pKs
  • tristanlemons
    Options
    I have struggled my whole life, I am very slowing getting to where I want to be but I know it is a slow journey. It is going to take time and I think that is one of the hardest parts of weight loss, we live in a time where we want everything now. Unfortunatly it just dont happin that way with weightloss. Yeah there are fad diets where you might drop all this weight really fast, but your gonna put it right back on. Just stick with it and I know you can do it . I have my days but Ive been trying really hard to stick with it and not lose my motivation. Feel free to add me if you ever need someone to help or support :) Good luck on your journey!!
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Great advice!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I like that....motivation doesnt last, habits do.

Gonna have to remember that one.
  • SusanElaine2
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel. I spent a lot of money on In shape MD last year and lost 40 pounds. In the last 6 months I was off it I gaine 35 back. I have started AGAIN last saturday and I have lost 4 pounds this week. I have 100 pounds to go.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    My tips are to learn, learn, learn, by doing/trying, reflect what works for you and your journey. Make small changes. We have built up habits that we need to replace with healthier ones. Also have patience. We all want to see the immediate rewards and get that gratifiation of seeing the number go down on the scale but sometimes we just have to be patient. Also the scale will fluctuate due to lots of reasons, sodium, time of the month. digestion. What is most important is the learning you do along the journey because that is what will help you maintain this new lifestyle

My tips are First and foremost "Trust in the process, because it does take time, but if you feel like your doing all the right things which are the items below then you will lose in time.
    1) drinking plenty of water 64 oz or more
    2) cutting the sugar/ eating less processed/ eating more whole foods
    3) working out 3-5 times a week ( different videos, exercises keep your body guessing " because if it doesnt challenge you it doesnt change you "
    4) watching portions/calories if body is not reacting cant budge the pounds dont restrict too low of calories maybe up the calories.
    Also we won't be perfect on this journey so to stay on track when you feel discouraged. I am like a mad woman collecting inspirational quotes and read them over and over.

Everytime I hear or read one I type it in a word document and list them so I can reference them for extra motivation when I am down. Here they go

"Tough times don't last, tough people do. "

"Being overweight and out of shape is difficult; losing weight and getting in shape is difficult. Pick your 'difficult.'"

"IF it doesnt challenge you it doesnt change you "

"Begin while others make excuses. Do it while others are wishing. Persist while others are quitting."

"Nice bodies aren't given, there earned. You don't wish for them, you work for them "

"your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will
    dont give up because the end results will be worth it turst me"

"if your tired of starting over stop giving up"

"If i dont change than nothings going to change"

"the question is not can you its will you"

"successful people are not people who never failed its people who never gave up"

"your body is a reflection of your state of mind lazy mind lazy body"

"no one said it was going to be easy but it will be well worth it. "

"Weightloss is not temporary unless I do something about it!"

"only the same person will become obese again"

"nothing is guaranteed except change"

"we are all a work in progress"

"everything in life worth having is worth fighting for"

"don't give up on something you can't go a minute without thinking about"

"keep fighting for your happiness because everyone deserves to be and feel happy"

"comparison is the theif of joy" ellanor roosevelt
    as soon as you start comparing your self to others you start self doubting. it diminishes that light that success, from the scale
    the people your close too you might question yourself am I good enough? Will I get there/to goal?

"Four keys to inspiration: be positive, have a plan, know yourself, and continue learning. You have to remain positive even when facing a plateau...it will pass. Have a plan to get heathy and follow through with the plan. Know yourself...you know your weaknesses and what you need to change. Continue learning ways to get healthier...try a new recipe, research different healthy sites. Have a great day. Let me know if you have any keys to inspiration that you use."

"When you reach your goal and the top of the mountain. You don’t remember the bad days, you just remember how hard you worked to get there. And how worth it was! All the good days get you to the top, but the bad days create the fighter in you "

"I know if I don't work for it every day, I won't have it. ....what's that saying, 'If you don't have your health, you don't have anything'?
    I believe it. :) Eating well & striving for fitness are key components."

"We are what we repeatedly do! Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit! Accept nothing but the best of yourself! Remember if your not challenging yourself, more than likely you will not change yourself! Lets finish out this week on FIRE!!!!
    It's not a diet. It's a new lifestyle and it takes some getting used to. Do not feel like a failure, don't set yourself up to fail either. You're doing this for yourself to be healthy and increase longevity ... among many other benefits!!! ... New habits take awhile to form and set into place just as old habits take awhile to break. --- You're stronger than you think!!!"

"keep an eye on the prize, when you get to the obstacle tha seems lika way do your best to find a way around it do not give up.
    "The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday."

I Don't know the authors, sorry but I have borrowed many from profiles on here, and youtube people I follow.

Just don't give up because another quote "quitters never win, and winners never quit."

You can do it! Take and seek advice try it but at the end of the day do what works for your journey.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    One thing I have learned....its not just about losing weight...its about changing for the rest of your life. You don't lose weight then go back to doing what you did before. You have to be prepared to eat in moderation and sensibly FOREVER. Not 6 months...not a year...not 5 years....but forever. But that's a good thing because there is no RUSH....you have lots of time to do it. And because you have the time, you can do it the right way....SLOWLY.

Like a wise person said...."A year from now, you will wish you had started today." So get started and a year from now, you can tell others the same thing....and be a lot lighter, too. :)
  • HestiaLavel
    Options
    Thanks a lot ! This is really good advice, that I will try to keep in mind. It's all about the right mind set.