The Last 10lbs

Options
Hey guys! I've been working out and eating right pretty rigorously since January (at least most days) and I have yet to see any significant results. I'm 5'5" and 139lbs, and I would like to get down to 125-130. I've just started counting calories/carbs again recently so I'm hoping this month will show me some results, but until then, I would love to know any pointers you have on how to lose those last pesky 10lbs! I heard they're the most difficult and it is definitely feeling next to impossible. How long would you expect it to take?
I've lost a couple inches here and there, but I haven't really seen much of a change. I'm pear-shaped so most of my weight is being held in my stomach/lovehandles and thighs. Annoying! :P

I aim to eat 1400cals and under 100g carbs a day, work out for at least an hour 6 days a week (30min strength/40min cardio usually). And like I said, I'm 5'5" and 139lbs.
Thanks for your help!

(also I'm open to friend requests-- I need all the motivation I can get!)

Replies

• FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Taking a look at your food journal your calories are good and your macros are pretty decent. I would up your protein and I would reduce your carbs coming from things like bread and instead get them from vegetables and fruit. Careful with the fruit though I recommend 1-2 servings max a day of fruit.

The biggest issue I see is that your are eating to many processed foods which in turn is putting your sodium levels WAY to high. Get back to basics and use really foods. Nothing Canned EVER, frozen is fine just not canned. There's no reason to use canned vegetables when fresh have no added sodium and are so much better tasting and more filling. Also avoid things like reduced sugar peanut butter that is all processed chemicals. I am a fan of the grind your own nut butters, its just ground almonds or peanuts nothing added. Give you your healthy fats without all the bad stuff.

Otherwise like I said most of it looks pretty good, just use to clean eating techniques and that should do the trick!
  • kaittea
    kaittea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I usually have 2 slices of bread a day, is that too much? Also how much protein do you recommend?
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    bump-same prob
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would eliminate the bread if it were me. If its something that is important for you too keep I would recommend using whole wheat diet bread (Sara Lee makes it but it also come in generic). Its 45 calories a slice and in that case you could do 2 but no starches beyond that I would say.

AS far as protein amounts I try and keep my diet 50% protein 30% Fat and 20% Carbs, you can play with those numbers a bit for some people they do better with 30% carbs 20% fat or 25/25 split but keep the 50% protein.