i lose weight counting just calories

Options
anyone else do this?

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you mean? Of course most people on here count calories.
  • brittanydwright
    Options
    i mean i record the calories in everything i eat i never record fat grams or carbs and i always lose weight by taking in 1500 calories a day :) doing this i lose 2 pounds per week
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Isn't that what we're all doing?
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Ah, I see. No. I do not do that. I do track the nutrients that I choose to, but I don't worry too much about certain numbers.
  • brittanydwright
    Options
    yea exactly what we are all doing but some people i hear only count fat or even carbs and never count calories
  • Breezy3
    Breezy3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I mainly watch the calories for sure... I do pay attention to sugar, carbs, sodium, fat, etc too because I am trying to eat healthier.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I notice all (especially the sodium because I have high blood pressure), but my main focus is just the calorie count.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the overall goal is. For the average calories, calories is all that really matters as it will drop weight. But for someone who say wants to maintain as much muscle, protein intake is very important. And if you're counting one, you need to count the other two.

It also may help to track carbs/fat/protein if someone is cutting calories and having issues with hunger and cravings. It's possible their ratios are out of wack and not eating enough foods that triggers the feeling of satiety.

In the end, what works for you, works for you. As the old saying goes, if it aint broke...
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I notice all (especially the sodium because I have high blood pressure), but my main focus is just the calorie count.

Yeppers...me too. Its a bear sometimes trying to stay under 1800 sodium
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just counted calories one year. Well up to 3000 and then I quit counting for the day. Then I would have a snack later and then dinner. I didn't lose any weight.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I was tracking carbs but now I'm just happy to be under my calories. I also like to keep my protein high because I'd like to preserve as much muscle as possible. Keeps my metabolism from stalling and I don't want to get skinny-fat.
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    And??? Do you do that here on MFP? :huh: