Stuck! Please help

Options
lklkl5
lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
Ok it has taken me a while to post this because I have read extensively from the forum to try to figure out what I was doing wrong and try to make corrections. Here goes. I began in October at a daily calorie intake of 1200. I consistently lost 2#'s a week. I was rather sedentary because my foot was in a cast. I was cleared for exercise the last week in January and couldn't wait to start. I began rather slowly because I had to pamper my foot for a few weeks. So, by mid February I was up and going. I try to eat mostly healthy foods but we do enjoy eating out a few times a week. I log all my meals and stay under my goal. I don't follow any specific plan as this is a sustainable lifestyle change for me. Once I began exercise all weight loss came to a halt as well as inches lost. Since then I have gradually increased my calories to 1500 for a while and ultimately 1700. I exercise 4-5 times a week burning between 600-700 calories. I wear a hrm and a fitbit. I have lost about 12 pounds since the last week in January, but only 2#'s in the last 2 months. I am 5'9 female and 47 years old with another 35 pounds to lose. Any constructive advice is welcome. If you look at my diary please don't just look at the last couple of days but rather the routine.

Replies

• Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so can't help
  • lklkl5
    Options
    Sorry, should be open now.
  • lklkl5
    Options
    Sorry, apparently I opened my profile not my diary. It is open now.
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    There is so much variation in how foods are prepared at restaurants, even chain restaurants where consistency is important between outlets, that if you're eating out a few times a week, that alone might be throwing your calorie intake calculations off. I rarely eat out, but when I say, get a sub, "just a little mayo" means different things to every sandwich artist out there! Just a thought.

It took me years to lose 80lbs. I would go through phases where it melted off, then plateau for months at a time before it seems like 10 lbs come off all of a sudden. I've been in the high 160's for about 3 years, and even with the best of efforts, seeing 164 on the scale yesterday makes me happy! Every body is different.
  • lklkl5
    Options
    I am aware of the restaurant variations and usually account for it. I lost my first 52#'s doing the same things. I don't understand what has stalled my loss. I appreciate your reply though.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your increase in caloric intake is the problem. If you keep your intake at 1200-1300 and continue to exercise you will start to lose weight again. My doctor has limited my calorie intake to 1350/day and I've been losing steadily since he advised me. Women over 40 have slower metabolism and your intake is too high, which is probably why you've stalled. Consult your physician and they should definitely help. Any questions I have about my weight, I ask my doctor because I trust my doctor. Also, eating out a few times a week is not a healthy lifestyle and is probably adding more calories than you know. When cooking at home, you can control the ingredients and can manage your weight better.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Is your calorie goal set up through MFP? Are you eating your exercise calories back?
  • lklkl5
    Options
    Yes, I have my goals set on MFP for 1# loss per week, and working out 4 X a week for 45 minutes. The calorie goal is in alignment with what I see on my fitbit for a 1# loss per week as well based on my actual activity. My weight loss had already stalled, thus leading to the thought that I wasn't eating enough. That is why I increased my calories and decreased my loss from 2#'s per week to 1# per week. I eat some of my exercise calories back but not many. I find it hard to get to 1700 calories a day eating healthy items. I have never eaten so much or often.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    First I would say to up your water to a gallon a day. You would be surprised at how much that can help. It's difficult and intimidating at first but after a week or so, it is easier. I notice I retain more water when I don't get at least a gallon in... and I get thirsty!
    Second, I would say to lower your cals.. SLOWLY. It might but you into more of a starvation mode if you just drop down. Check the quality of your food, as well! Since I started eating clean, my body comp has changed for the better...
    I'm not a nutritionist but these things have helped me and my friends... You can message me for anything!