Wish me luck

Options
I have been having a problem with swallowing for some time now. The food gets stuck in my throat and I have to vomit it back up. I finally went to see a doctor about it and they think there is an obstruction in my oesophagus. It could be something simple, like a web of tissue, or something scary, like cancer. So I'm in for an upper endoscopy with the possibility of minor surgery depending on what they find. I'm kind of nervous and really hungry since I'm not allowed to eat. I'll let everyone know how it turns. Keep your fingers crossed.

Replies

• ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    I have been having a problem with swallowing for some time now. The food gets stuck in my throat and I have to vomit it back up. I finally went to see a doctor about it and they think there is an obstruction in my oesophagus. It could be something simple, like a web of tissue, or something scary, like cancer. So I'm in for an upper endoscopy with the possibility of minor surgery depending on what they find. I'm kind of nervous and really hungry since I'm not allowed to eat. I'll let everyone know how it turns. Keep your fingers crossed.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!! I hope it turns out ok!!!! :flowerforyou:

-Tami
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Good luck!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow, that must be scary. Good luck.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    my friend just had that same procedure. the medicine they give you will make you loopy

good luck
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK

Kim
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    AWWWWWWW!!!! Sorry you are having a tough time!!! Let us know how your appointment goes!!! Best luck!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Hope everything goes well. :flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I had a upper endoscopy... totally not a big deal so try not to worry about that to much... I know easier said then done.
    You will be in our thoughts and everything will be ok.
    Stay strong and positive:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart: