Starting Insanity - who's with me?

Options
I'm thinking about starting Insanity on Monday (June 10) - anyone want to join me?

Replies

• demariac15
    Options
    I plan to start that day too! I am getting the DVDs this weekend.
    I just finished 30 day shred and need another workout. Does anyone have suggestions as to when to do the workout? (am or pm)
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    been meaning to start insanity! I am with you! lets do it!
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Its a great combination to start Insanity after completing the 30 day shred honestly its going to be much easier with your endurance up. The best time to do Insanity is in the morning NOT at night trust me, your eating all day then you start HIIT and BAM all your food is suddenly piled up on the floor infront of you no joke. I DO NOT recommend eating something huge before Insanity, maybe a nutritional drink or something light like a banana, you WILL sweat, you WILL cry, you WILL collapse after your done.

Its best to do it in the morning, have a BIG glass of milk afterwards preferably mixed with protein or a nutritional drink then shower. This is the routine I had for 60 days and it kept me going strong, also make sure your calculating your TDEE ( Total Daily Energy Expendure) into your daily calorie in take if you dont get enough nutrients Insanity will destroy you.
  • Allyoop
    Allyoop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Just be very careful with your knees on those. There's a lot of impact work in there, so always take soft landings and don't push that particular part too far. Protect those knees, man!

For me, I always like doing workouts (especially that one, where my heart rate got so high) in the morning. Then you shower, and are slightly amped for the rest of the day. It gets things going.
  • marias0922
    marias0922 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also starting on Monday. Add me!
  • Angel_Cake25
    Angel_Cake25 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Been doing it a week and it WILL exhaust you.
  • filemanager
    filemanager Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'm glad a few of us will be starting on Monday!! We can keep each other motivated! Good call whyflowersexist on doing the workout in the AM! I'm planning on getting up early and doing it before my kids get up
  • zachherda
    zachherda Posts: 47
    Options
    I started on May 27th! I am loving it! Check out my daily blog if you are interested. Add me as well and ill do my best to support and motivate!

guidanceforgoinginsane.blogspot.com
  • beckywillbehealthy
    Options
    Starting Monday too!
  • KHgoddessgold
    KHgoddessgold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday too!
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    Enjoy it, guys! I finished Insanity a monh ago and been doing another round but had to stop cuz my knees have been hurting. It is an incredible workout but so tough on the joints. I am starting a P90x/Insanity hybrid tomorrow. You can all add me!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Wednesday :drinker:
  • KHgoddessgold
    KHgoddessgold Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm officially started, today was the plyo workout.
  • midgar777
    midgar777 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started on the 8th...weird timing I know but I had some days off and wanted to give myself the weekend to check it didn't aggravate my crohns too much - it didn't! Day 5 done and loving it do far - feel free to add me if you need more people :)! Good luck everyone!
  • Wellman52
    Wellman52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday. Would love to lose 10 pounds and/or 3-4 inches off my stomach. I would really appreciate any advice and the MFP community staying on my back about keeping up with the workout schedule - I started once, did a week, then ran into some sched. conflicts and stopped - so add me!!