Painful secret to low calorie eating..

Options
mustang289
mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
Had oral surgery today....struggling to consume even 800 calories!

I've had jello, pudding, cottage cheese, Ensure, chopped up penne pasta, and now some campbell's soup.

I was supposed to get a root canal on this tooth last October, but once the Doc got started she said there wouldn't be enough tooth left to do anything with...so it has to come out. She put a 'temporary' filling on it and referred me to the oral surgeon. It hasn't bothered me at all, but figured its time (after 10 months) to get it taken care of.

About 6 hours into recovery and its actually feeling okay. Not much swelling and no more red stuff in my spit.

Replies

• Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Should have had a cup of Bacon grease (hands u a straw)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Not the same but I just got a bunch of fillings done recently and my mouth is still sore. (Lesson, do not wait 7 years to go to the dentist.) I would try to get some of your calories through juice. :frown: i hope you feel better soon.
  • fluteplay
    fluteplay Posts: 3
    Options
    My husband had it happen just like you said... No straws though as that could knock the plug (scab) out that stopped the bleeding, but i'm sure your dentist told you that... When I got my wisdom teeth out I had poached eggs and corned beef hash... and....ice cream (ice milk is better). my husband loved this treatment as well!
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    had all 4 wisdom teeth removed earlier this morning. Can't have anything hot, so i've had a zaxbys banana pudding shake for late lunch, and a large wendy's frost for supper, 1335 cals but not much of an appetite and the cold feels good. and thats prob all i will eat today.
  • mustang289
    Options

NO STRAWS...or were you just kiddin' around?
  • mustang289
    Options
    had all 4 wisdom teeth removed earlier this morning. Can't have anything hot, so i've had a zaxbys banana pudding shake for late lunch, and a large wendy's frost for supper, 1335 cals but not much of an appetite and the cold feels good. and thats prob all i will eat today.

I feel your pain LOL, well maybe not ALL your pain. I'm 53 and had my wisdom teeth done at age 17.
    Advances in dentistry and pharmaceuticals are our friends. :wink:
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I feel your pain LOL, well maybe not ALL your pain. I'm 53 and had my wisdom teeth done at age 17.

Not in a creepy way (I have a bf), but you look really good for 53, if that's you in your profile pic. You look much younger :)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Ow Jeeze, that's right. Awe man. R u hangry tho?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I had a cracked tooth.
    They brought me in for a root canal and said there was a 1% chance I would lose the tooth.
    Guess what.
    I lost the tooth.
    They pulled it and now I have a bridge.
    Felt like such an old lady.
    Shakes, ice packs and Vicodin were my best friends. :drinker:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

Absolutely no straws! Get a large milkshake from Sonic. They are so thick you can eat them with a spoon and they are well over 1,000 calories.
  • mustang289
    Options

Not in a creepy way (I have a bf), but you look really good for 53, if that's you in your profile pic. You look much younger :)

You just made my day! Thank You:blushing:
    Yes that's me, running my first ever 5K last September. My son-in-law thought I was gonna walk it with him, until the flag dropped and I took off running LOL. He still beat me, but boy was he surprised!

Been married 27 years, my wife is *significantly* older so when I'm mistaken for an even younger age it doesn't always please her.