Possible?

Options
Hey everyone!! I started my journey on February 7th, 2013... It's my 4-month anniversary! Since then, I have lost a total of 49 pounds!! I am so proud and excited and just so happy!

Anyway, with school almost being over, I'll have about 10-12 weeks before classes resume. I was wondering if you guys thought it would be feasible to lose another 37 in the next three months, or 10-12 weeks. That would bring my to my ultimate goal weight, and an awesome way to start off the new school year.

I feel like I will be able to, namely because of all the free time I will have, so I can easily hit the gym 4-5 times a week, rather than my 2-3 times currently.

Thoughts?

Replies

• robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    That would require a loss of over 3lbs a week at 12 weeks, this is dangerously high. You'd be running the risk of excess skin or starvation mode. Stick to no more than 2 lbs per week and aim for a specific look as opposed to a specific weight. The lower your bodyfat drops, the less the scale will move, especially when training with weights. You'll have to rely more on the mirror or before and after pics to notice the real changes. That being said, don't let this discourage you; keep up the hard work!
  • weightlossnoob
    Options
    That would require a loss of over 3lbs a week at 12 weeks, this is dangerously high. You'd be running the risk of excess skin or starvation mode. Stick to no more than 2 lbs per week and aim for a specific look as opposed to a specific weight. The lower your bodyfat drops, the less the scale will move, especially when training with weights. You'll have to rely more on the mirror or before and after pics to notice the real changes. That being said, don't let this discourage you; keep up the hard work!

I like this idea, with the mirror and how I look and feel. The weight to me is just a target, but I have gradually been increasing weights, so I think I will focus more on the mirror instead. I just have so much extra fat right now! :happy:
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I like this idea, with the mirror and how I look and feel. The weight to me is just a target, but I have gradually been increasing weights, so I think I will focus more on the mirror instead. I just have so much extra fat right now! :happy:

Haha, that's what it is to be into fitness. There will always be a subtle improvement we want to make; maybe a little faster, stronger, or leaner. But it's what keeps us motiviated to keep pushing ourselves in this lifestyle. You'll always be in a competition, but it's with yourself by trying to make a small improvement all the time.