Family Coming to Town

Options
My in-laws are coming in to today. Every time I see them, I seem to get off my diet and gain 10lbs over the weekend. I am going to try really hard to be really good, but I do plan on picking up some Bud 55. I am looking forward to having a drink more than the food. My FIL loves to cook and he's a Texan, everything is fattening, butter galore. I think it hurts his feelings if I don't eat, so I will take small bites of everything. No idea how to track. We will probably end up going out for Mexican tonight but I am going to vow, no chips and salsa (although they are one of my favorite things to eat) no Margaritas and I will see if they can just make me a grilled chicken salad with salsa as the dressing. We will see how it goes. I really don't want a set back. I lost 4lbs this week, so that would not be good. In fact, last night I was stressing about needing to get the house cleaned before they come that I ate 3 ice cream sandwiches and 3 dixie cups of ice cream. Dang it. Any other suggestions? Also, it will be hard to get a work out in. What do you do when you have people coming to stay with you to excuse yourself to work out? I always feel rude leaving them to their own devices. Especially when their favorite past time is to sit around for hours and Bullsh@#.

Replies

• egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    As far as exercise goes, if it's only for the weekend(?) then I personally would not leave to do a workout since it's only for a couple of days, but that's just me. You could invite them to go for a walk with you, and if they turn you down, you could go anyways without feeling guilty since you tried to include them.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I already set it up to go to the Flea Market tomorrow so at least I will be off my butt walking around. Tonight, we are going to Rudy's BBQ and I already logged what I am going to eat. So, that has today taken care of. It is only a couple of days, so I can get back into it on Monday if I don't have a socializing hangover. (Yes, I get those from being around people too long)
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Does sound like you've got a handle on it at least for today and part of tomorrow :smile: I love that a lot of restaurants have menus online so I know what I'm going to eat and how much before I even get there! Of course, not measuring and weighing at the table, just guessing, but close enough!
  • Internistella
    Internistella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Way to plan ahead! I like to do fajitas for eating at Mexican places, just eat one or two tortillas and enjoy the chicken and veg! I usually have enough to bring it home too! Anyways good job trying to plan food and active-activities for the IL visit.