So disappointed

Options
For the past 2 weeks I have stayed the same. I only have 5lbs to go. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I workout everyday and stick to my mfp calories. This has been working all along. Now it just stoped. Any advice.

Replies

• nicoledc
    nicoledc Posts: 37
    Options
    This has happened to me too - I upped my calorie intake for a few days and drank more water and added 10 more minutes to my exercise - the following week I was down 3 lbs. Everyone is different of course but you may want to try it - I know adding more calories is scary but sometimes you have to shake up your metabolism
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I agree--do not bore your metabolism. Eat your 1200 calories, minimum, but occasionally eat a couple hundred extra calories.
    BUT, drink lots of water while you are doing this. The water washes away all those extra toxins.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I agree upping your calories, and then taking them back down seems to work for most people.
  • suzyq2992
    Options
    someone told me to mix up the exercises will help you even if you only change it one or two times a week.this came from a guy i met that was on the biggest loser and was the winner of season 4.He was really very interesting and help me alot.good luck and keep up the good work
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. I am going to take everyones advice, I will drink more water, And change my workout a little bit. As far as the calories, The problem is i really do come close with eating my excercise calories. I don't have that much left over. SHould I cut back on my eating?
  • lsiberian
    Options
    First, instead of focusing on what you haven't accomplished look at what you have accomplished. You've come so far and are so much healthier than when you started. Now is the time where your added muscles are probably catching up to your lost fat. So do keep it up. I do think mixing it up might be a good idea for exercise. If you are running then try swimming(you have a body for it now) Do something different and add to your fitness skill sets.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    I've never heard of the change in diet to shock the body before but who knows. I do remember that an increase in exercise will require more calorie intake or the body goes into survival mode. I always try to eat 10% of my exercise calories.

I agree that changing your workout should help break your plateau. You may be working out as hard as ever but your body has learned to meet the demands you are placing on it more efficiently and thus using less calories. Adding weight or repetitions will only show minimal results. Unless you are doing several hours of training a day, there are all kinds of muscles in your body that are not being isolated and stressed and changing your routine to attack these muscles will show significant results and put you on a new adventure as well.
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Be careful with your calories...not sure you should eat less but maybe change up what you are eatting too. Maybe take in more protein. In order for you to speed up your metabolism you need more muscle...protein is the building blocks of muscle.

I totally agree with changing up the fitness. Your body becomes very efficient at movements...you need to confuse them!

I went through a very LONG slump and have finally broken through! Hang in there. It will happen for you!
  • LadyNay191
    Options
    Change your workout and change your food! If you eat the same thing every day and do the same workout every day, your body gets used to it. Be adventurous and change it up!
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    I believe we will need different tools at different stages of this journey. What worked in the beginning can not be the same exact thing that works towards the end, your body has changed, your eating and routine will need to change along with it.