Do you ever want to...

Options
go to Walmart or wherever to grocery shop and put all the junk food (no restrictions, no reading labels) you want into your cart? That's the ultimate freedom for me cause whenever I go, I try really hard to stay away from those goodie aisles. I only shop for basics like milk or eggs or nonfood items. If I do feel like eating junk food, I only pick up one thing or buy the ones near the check out to ensure single servings. I feel like if I do this, I can relieve a lot of stress.

Replies

• traumaticthrash
    Options
    go to Walmart or wherever to grocery shop and put all the junk food (no restrictions, no reading labels) you want into your cart? That's the ultimate freedom for me cause whenever I go, I try really hard to stay away from those goodie aisles. I only shop for basics like milk or eggs or nonfood items. If I do feel like eating junk food, I only pick up one thing or buy the ones near the check out to ensure single servings. I feel like if I do this, I can relieve a lot of stress.

after every 9-10 days of training well and eating well. go to walmart with your cart and fill it with whatever you to eat, because you've earned the right to do that. just for the day, and don't feel guilty about it :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What are you considering junk food?

No, I can't say I've evern wanted to do that. I happen to like a lot of healthy foods so I'm okay with mostly healthy and a little of what I consider "junk". I've eat pretty much the same diet for decades and can honestly say I enjoy it. If I didn't, I'd change it.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    I even want to walk into a donut shop and pick up a dozen or two because I have never ordered a dozen donuts before. I am so doing this the next time I have to bring food for a party. I find it fun to select all the different types of donuts, even though I'm not eating all of them.

Today's donut day so I'm getting one free one from Krispy Kreme. But it's not the same, I want to go crazy and pick up a box.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I buy cookies, or cake mix, or ice cream every time I go grocery shopping because I don't tell myself anything is off limits. :)
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I've never in my life had that desire. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to buy the cheapest possible junk food.
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do fairly well in grocery stores, but I really, really would love to go into a restaurant and order anything I want to off the menu. Just once in a while, but...... even if I tell myself that I can spend those calories, would it really be worth it to be sick from the dairy and gluten? No, I just have to keep reminding myself of that.... (and then, in true adult fashion, I pout!)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I think about scarfing down a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's in one sitting like I used to but then I look at the calories and decide it's just not worth it. And I won't buy a pint with the intention of only eating one serving because I know that won't happen! I have no will power when it comes to ice cream.

When I want a treat I get a bag of Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares (60 cal each) and/or an ice cream cone at the McD's drive through (150 cal) and that calms the cravings down enough to get me through. And one or two days each summer I'll take a long walk/run and bring a few bucks with me to buy a real ice cream cone. Totally worth using up all the calories I just burned! :)
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I do. But only when I go to the store hungry. When I have a meal before I go, I'm significantly more likely to stick to my list and steer clear of the cookie aisle. :)
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    No, never. My relationship with food has changed so much over the past few months, as well as my taste buds. There's no food that I want, that I don't just go ahead and buy. But those foods have changed drastically. My family still eats how I used to, but that food has absolutely no appeal to me anymore. I'm in maintenance and could eat it, since my calorie allotments are 2,000+ but I don't want to. Right now I have ice cream sandwiches, Oreos, homemade brownies, Doritos, Lays and a big bowl of misc candy in my kitchen. I have no pull at all to eat any of it. I did'nt even lick the spoon when I made the brownies lol. That kind of stuff does'nt even register to me anymore.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump.

I seriously want to spend $50 at Walmart just for junk food. The problem is everything is multiple servings, like Pop Tarts come 8 in a box and a pack of Oreos is 30+ cookies. I like variety so I want eat like 20 different junk foods. No one in my house eats these things. If so, I would throw a junk food party, my treat!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I seriously want to spend $50 at Walmart just for junk food. The problem is everything is multiple servings, like Pop Tarts come 8 in a box and a pack of Oreos is 30+ cookies. I like variety so I want eat like 20 different junk foods. No one in my house eats these things. If so, I would throw a junk food party, my treat!

You could just buy single serving snack cakes or candy bars. Whenever I get a craving I buy one of the packs of small donuts or a little debbie brownie.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    No. I have no desire to buy/eat that crap.