hey started a week ago

Options
hi everyone, I am Sandy i turned 50 in April and have spent most of my life as a overweight person. I had a grandmother that wouldn't talk to me because i was fat and didn't hesitate to make it known. I watched my mother pass this last month because of alzheimers after a twelve year battle and decided it is time for me now. I live with a wonderful man that i've known for 16 years and he is my rock. I am finally ready to get healthy and get off of the meds.....ok so he is six years younger than me and that is part of my motivation to look younger and more active than 50 LOL. we both joined a gym this last week and have decided to go at least 3-4 times a week. I do walk 2 miles a day on the treadmill now. I work for accounting at Saralee and sit most of the time. yeah I work for a major international global bakery that's real condusive to weightloss. LOL so wish me luck

Replies

• TaraArriola
    Options
    Good luck to you on this journey. Let me know if I can be of any help. I am not sure how much help I can be; however, I am here for you when you need me.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :love: Good luck to you - I'm 47 years old and am running my first half marathon in 8 weeks, so don't let your age slow you down. I wish you the best on your journey.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Sandy - I'm Sandy also and I will turn 50 at the end of September. I figured I better get moving because I am not getting any younger and I am at my top weight ever. I started walking about 2 weeks ago and just joined mfp last monday. I'm sorry about your mother - but now is your time to take care of yourself. Best of luck to you!
  • shari253
    shari253 Posts: 202
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 56 and my beloved Aunt just recently died from dementia. It was very hard on my mom who lived next door to her until she was put into a nursing home.

If you would like a nice group to belong to, check out this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/111678-today-show-club-everyone-always-welcome

Shari.
  • princessharry
    Options
    thanks everybody it helps having moral support. I am looking forward to this journey actually and your right this is my time. I went to the gym last night or as i affectionately call it the torture chamber. I listened to susan boyle's CD I dreamed a dream what an inspiration she is to me. All the people her lifetime who told her she'd never do it becase of her impairment and in the end she won the battle....and so am I.