Hello. I'm from Tanzania.

Options
Hey! First off, I know that MFP doesn't even recognize Tanzania. I had to put down South Africa as my home country because it's the closest to where I am. I've been doing this weight loss thing for about a month now and its going good. I haven't lost anything yet but I would like to have more friends and see what you guys are up to.
the one thing I don't like about MFP is that it doesn't understand African food...or its database doesn't have a lot of African food so I have to add a lot of the stuff I eat and I'm not even sure about that.
Anyway, more friends will be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Ladronzz
    Ladronzz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want :-)
  • mfanyafujo
    mfanyafujo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mambo vipi? Mtwara resident here, but not for much longer. Feel free to add me!

I get the logging issues... MFP doesn't recognize njugu or ugali....
  • choxmay
    choxmay Posts: 12
    Options
    Try putting in Polenta for Ugali. Lentils for green-grams. Donuts for mandazi. Naan for chapati.
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    I"m from Canada and all I can say is wow your from Tanzania that's so cool lol. Its so interesting to meet people from all over the world on here. I just wanted to say I know it must be hard to log in your food but if you go on the internet and search alternate names for some of your food you may find it in the data base and hopefully that will make it a bit easier. Hope that helps.