Lost 20 pounds BUT........ Please help!

Options
This is the beginning of my weightloss journey. It's been about 3 months. This morning I hit my 20 pound mark! Yay :) anyways, I haven't really seen MAJOR changes in the mirror, I look way better but I haven't even dropped a pants size or anything? My question is, how much longer on my journey will I see bigger changes? because I exercise 5-6 times a week and I'm very strict on my diet. I just want all this hard work to show somewhere else besides the scale!

Replies

• wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    you should do measurements hun that way you know you are loosing not everyone has weight to loose on the tummy and sometimes that is the last of what your body looses!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    it'll happen when it happens.

Just be patient. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

you look pretty tiny to start with. Is it really that you're wanting to lose weight or change the way your body looks? I'd really recommend adding in heavy lifting to your routine.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Do you do any type of resistance training?

I lost about 20 pounds before I started lifting weights again. It wasn't really noticeable. It only took about a month of lifting to see changes. All of a sudden everyone was asking me if I'd lost weight, and inches started falling off along with my jenes.
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I know what you mean! Except I generally see very little movement on the scale, but my clothes fit WAY differently! Make sure to take measurements!! You could be toning your body and losing fat, but gaining muscle so you won't see much change on the SCALE but your body will be firmer, more fit :smile:
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I bet it does show. Your skin is glowing more. You probably have oodles more energy.

We are usually our own worst critics and enemies. I did insanely hard yoga over winter, and wasn't noticing any real differences. My husband however, when I complained to him that nothing was happening, pointed out exactly which parts of my tummy and small of my back had shrunk. Scale stayed the same, and barely any difference in how my clothes fit!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That is interesting, I lost 20 pounds and went down 3 pant sizes. I guess it is where you lost it.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were really squeezing into your clothes and now they are fitting quite more loosely??? Do you feel firmer and have more energy? Just keep it up! :happy:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    it'll happen when it happens.

Just be patient. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

you look pretty tiny to start with. Is it really that you're wanting to lose weight or change the way your body looks? I'd really recommend adding in heavy lifting to your routine.

This. It's hard to imagine you trying to lose another 20 lbs based on your photos. Heavy lifting can help with body composition is that's what's bothering you.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just depends on your body type. My clothes fit exactly the same. I'll be about 50 down before I go down a size - some people go down every 10 lbs or so.
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I feel the same i weighed 167.. now i'm 149.. I still wear same pants... :(
  • SusanHeinous
    Options
    Same here, 19lbs down but no noticeable change in my appearance.
    I really wish I'd measured myself at the start so that at least I had that visual proof, as well as the weighing scales.

I think that I regard myself as 'fat' when I'm over a certain weight and cannot see myself as slimmer until I've got down below that. Above that it's just degrees of 'fatness'.

We just have to keep plodding along.....
    Best wishes to you, you're doing fine :smile: